TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
hershey4

Troubles transferring PC to Tivo Premiere

I don't use Tivo Desktop (2.8) often, but recently I moved several shows there to help ensure I had enough room for a marathon of tivo recording activity.

I just went to move them back to the TV and one by one I selected them from MyShows->MyPC and selected Transfer. (I selected in chronological order fwiw.) Saw the blue light on first request. SUbsequent requests said request would go to the TODO list. Checked a bit later when I saw the blue light was off. 2 shows had been transferred that were in the middle of the pack chronologically. Other 4 are a mystery. None are in the TODO list, but some say they are in the TODO list if I attempt a transfer. Some let me start a transfer again, but the blue light does not stay on very long.

The PC is wireless. The Premier-4 is via moca.

I watched a bit of one of the untransferred shows on the PC ok. There was intermittent pixelation.

I read similar posts and did all the rebooting and restarting. No help. Any new tricks to kick it in the ---? I would even welcome an error log, but can't find anything. Is there some log around?

I think as a workaround, if I convert the .tivo files to .mpg I can view them from my network drive (router has some DLNA thing). That will take some time though and is a pita. (That drive is supposed to work with .tivo files, but that hasn't been working for awhile. It won't re-scan that filetype anymore, so I can't put new ones there. sorry digressing. ) Am not interested in installing new software.
hershey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Try connecting through a hard wired connection. Does that work?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
hershey4

I don't have a hard wire connection available.

I am now wondering if the files themselves are corrupted or too poor quality to make the transfer.

I started making a mpg of the first chronological show in the series (VideoRedoPlus). It aborted after 3 minutes with an "audio stream buffer overflow" or something to that affect. Chasing that error down did not come up with any hope. I even attempted making the mpg with the episode that allegedly did transfer to TV okay just to see. It also got the error.

I watched the 3 minutes of the mpg show and it was highly pixelated and choppy.

I will watch the first show in the series on the PC, so that I can check out if the 2nd show that did transfer see if it is actually watchable.

THen I will have to figure out why MyPC is not showing up on my Tivo anymore. Rebooting PC didn't help. May need to reboot Tivo. As I was repeating attempts to transfer yesterday, at some point, MYPC disappeared and has not been seen again.

In case this all falls apart, the series is starting up again on 6/11 so they are repeating last season's episodes on 6/7. I set my Tivo! Unfortunately the 6 shows they are repeating aren't labelled with info about which shows they are, but I am hoping they are the same ones I am trying to transfer.
hershey4 is offline   Reply With Quote