TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Mike1973

Occasional SDV channelno audio

Recently been seeing a problem where on some sdv channels, I don't get sound when I tune to the channel. Usually, flipping back and forth a couple times fixes it, sometimes not though. Called TW and they said my signals are pretty low (RDC is 29 in the tuning adapter menu) so they are rolling a truck tomorrow but I'm assuming the tech won't know much about cable cards/tuning adapters. Hopefully they can boost the signal and it'll work but I was wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
BruceShultes

I find whenever I lose audio, I can usually get it back by rewinding for a few seconds and then pressing play.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Mike1973

Tech came out today, signal is great in the house and he ran an ingress test on the internal lines. He suggested a cable card problem (of course he didn't have one) and that makes sense since I've had a problem with EMM's reporting correctly on the card since it was setup even though everything else seemed to be working fine. I'll pick one up tomorrow and see what that does. I'll get a new T/A too just to be sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #4
Mike1973

Well, new cable card is doing the same thing, not showing any EMMs processed in the cable card menu. They are going to send me a 3rd card, hopefully this one works. I'm going to call TiVo tonight and see if they have seen anything like this.
Most of the channels work fine most of the time, just every now and then I don't get audio when I tune to a channel.