TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
sangs

Question about channel logos

Overall I find my Tivo guide superior to the FiOS DVR guide. One thing I do miss however are channel logos. Is there any particular reason that Tivo chooses to not display channel logos in the guide listings? Just wondering.
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

Channel logos show up in my TiVo guide.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
unitron

To be perfectly nitpicky about it, what TiVos show are network logos, not whatever custom artwork (usually involving the channel number) a local broadcast affiliate may have commissioned at some point.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #4
sangs

Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. In the FiOS Guide, the channel logos are included with the station name. Whereas with the Tivo, it's just the station name, no logo. I see a channel logo on my Tivo guide in the channel and program description above the listings, but the FiOS guide has the logo in the actual listings (down along the left-hand side of the guide) itself. Makes it easier to quickly know what channel you're looking at, especially when you get a lot of local sub channels grouped together under the same letter/number combination. Again, it's not a gigantic issue, I was just wondering.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Yeah and the weird thing about it is that in the HD guide it looks like there's room on the left of the channel number for the logo, they just chose to put it up in the description. Agree that it would make more sense to appear next to the number, but it's not that big a deal.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
sangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Yeah and the weird thing about it is that in the HD guide it looks like there's room on the left of the channel number for the logo, they just chose to put it up in the description. Agree that it would make more sense to appear next to the number, but it's not that big a deal.
Exactly, it's not that big of a deal, just confuses me why they chose to do it that way. (And as you mentioned, there is a ton of room in that area for it to be implemented in such a manner.)
Old 06-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
celtic pride

I was just about to post the same question,I hope maybe in thehe next software update they'll surprise us and add them.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
Bytez

I was also wondering this. On their Android app, they do have the channel logos.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #9
Series3Sub

As an OTA user, I'm OK with TiVo's display of network logos (not the best; Dish Hopper has the best channel logo display of all boxes today), and labeling of those particular channels, but I do find the lack of channel names for the multiplexed (sometimes called sub-channels) for OTA's a legitimate pain. For example it won't label This TV or Antenna or Movie or Bounce or Megahertz World or World, or COZI etc. And I'm talking on even the latest Roamio models. It seems such a big let down for such an advanced DVR. Even cheap 3rd party OTA tuners provide this. Dish provides such labels on MANY (not all, so not perfection, but MUCH better off, also I can manually create those labels if they are not present ) of those sub-channels, so it seems TiVo could as well. It is a bit of a pain to have to "translate" what KTLA 2 and KTLA 3 is--Antenna and This or is it This and Antenna--the same problem for all the other channels. Even if TiVo had a feature for us to manually edit those channel labels like Dish does, that would be a great start.
Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote