Yamaha A/V Receiver RX-V375 + Projector
(Apple TV, TiVO MIni, DVD Player)
This setup was working aok for close to a year.
Now a couple of weeks back, TiVO mini output has been giving me problems:
- Sometimes it has no output
- At other times, it has output with pink hue
When TiVO boots up, I can see it on the projector (in low resolution though). Then, as soon as it goes past the bootup stage, the
However, note that this happens only if the HDMI is passed through the Yamaha receiver. If I connect HDMI directly to the projector
(or to a TV), it shows up aok.
Further, other devices (Apple TV, DVD player) work aok with Yamaha receiver.
I've tried changing the HDMI ports, HDMI cables etc. - but its only the TiVO + Yamaha combination that fails.
1. AppleTV->HDMIcable1->Yamaha->HDMIcable2(long)->projector [WORKS]
2. TiVO->HDMIcable2(long)->projector [WORKS]
3. TiVO->HDMIcable3->Yamaha->HDMIcable2(long)->projector [DOES NOT WORK]
4. TiVO->HDMIcable1->Yamaha->HDMIcable2(long)->projector [DOES NOT WORK - PINK HUE]
Tried changing the HDMI ports for the above as well - and its always the TiVO Yamaha combination.
Plus, tried changing the resolution for TiVO as well.
Talked to the Yamaha support folks - they say that if Apple TV and DVD player works, it's not Yamaha.
Talked to TiVO support - they say that they can not help it since TiVO works directly with the projector / TV.
I am running out of ideas. The only thing I can do is - try changing the receiver.
Any other ideas?