TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
nine_again

pytivox transfers 480p to roamio

I have been using the pytivox (on our mac mini) to transfer HD home videos (recorded in 720p or 1080p) to our TivoHD for years in HD. For the roamio, it transfers at 480p only. Both my tivo HD and tivo Roamio are on the network. But for whatever reason the roamio gets converted to lower resolution. TivoHD is okay.

Any reason for this? Is there a solution?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
jcthorne

Yes, the ancient version of pytivo contained in pitivox for the mac has no idea what a tivo Roamio is and therefore assumes the lowest common denomiator.

Run a modern version of pytivo and it will work very well.

There is a discussion of pitivo and help installing it in the home media section of this forum.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
bmille05

I have the same issue and thought I had downloaded the latest version of pytivox. What is the most current version for the Mac?

bmille05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
jcthorne

I already responded to this same question from you in the pytivo thread where this conversation belongs.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote