Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Orphan Black 5/24/14 “To Hound Nature In Her Wanderings”

Ah, sisterly bonding on a camping trip. “I’m very good with children.”

Alison and Victor in rehab together.. that’ll end well! Although now that Vic’s a practicing Buddhist, maybe he’ll be a real help to her. Uh huh, it could happen. Oh, wait, he’s a narc.

Sarah to Helena: “Just don’t cause any trouble.” That’ll end well!

Helena hanging out in a redneck bar...that’ll end well!

Felix and Vic, ace detectives. That one actually might end well!

Note to self: When Helena is dancing, don’t cut in.

More pieces of the puzzle. Still not sure how they all fit together, but they seem to be drifting in that direction.

More Tatiana amazitude, especially in the road trip with Helena scenes.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
john4200

Ethan Duncan said they cloned embryos. But it was not clear to me who the DNA donors (aka, mother and father) were for the original embryo.

Evil Delphine surfaces yet again. When will Cosima learn not to trust her? I'm not sure who this female relative stem-cell source is supposed to be. Kira, maybe while she was under Siobhan's care? Or the "mother" of the original embryo?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #3
Ment

could be Rachel had a kid, probably did not turn out well since they're tracking all the other clones down but the genetic source would be there.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Evil Delphine surfaces yet again. When will Cosima learn not to trust her? I'm not sure who this female relative stem-cell source is supposed to be. Kira, maybe while she was under Siobhan's care? Or the "mother" of the original embryo?
We're supposed to think it's Kira, unless they're throwing us a curve-ball...that's certainly the conclusion Sarah jumped to. But at this point, they may well just be dangling a red herring in front of our eyes!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
cheesesteak
Meh.

I was surprised that Felix's butt wasn't hanging out while he was painting out when Art barged in.

Even the prolethian guy's haircut is creepy.

Helena farts are funny.

Who was Helena's "boyfriend"? I've seen that actor before in a prominent role. He wouldn't have to worry about me hitting on Helena with all the crazy resonating from her, no matter how much alcohol was involved.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
Bob Coxner

As much I like the show, the 24 style coincidences are getting too much for me.

How did Paul find Sarah and Helena so easily, when Sarah was being so careful? How did the kid from the Prolethians find Paul and know to follow him? Sarah's ex just happens to be in the same rehab as Alison?

These were on top of last week with Helena magically finding Sarah and appearing at the exact moment to save her.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Who was Helena's "boyfriend"? I've seen that actor before in a prominent role. He wouldn't have to worry about me hitting on Helena with all the crazy resonating from her, no matter how much alcohol was involved.
Helena's "boyfriend" was Patrick Adams who is Mike Ross on Suits.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
teknikel

Quote:
Haven't looked it up but think it was Mike from Suits.

Edit: Azlen wasn't there when I replied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
stellie93

I'm really beginning to love Helena. She's hilarious. At first I didn't like her at all, but she'll probably be the one to save the day. When Sarah was telling "father" about all his girls, did she leave Helena out? Now why would she do that.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #10
wprager

OK, I've caught up only to *last* week's episode, so I haven't seen this one yet. But I'm wondering if the video in Rachel's apartment is *not* here. What if the Duncans had a child but something happened and she died, so they tried to re-create her as a clone.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:06 AM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Helena's "boyfriend" was Patrick Adams who is Mike Ross on Suits.
Mike Ross. How'd I forget his name? I pretty much gave up on Suits and still have four episodes collecting dust but it's not like I haven't watched every other episode. I wonder if he's just a one off character or if he belongs to some other secret organization.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #12
teknikel

Quote:
Mike Ross. How'd I forget his name? I pretty much gave up on Suits and still have four episodes collecting dust but it's not like I haven't watched every other episode. I wonder if he's just a one off character or if he belongs to some other secret organization.
It was a strange casting choice for a relatively short appearance for one episode. Maybe he owes something to NBCUniversal. I suspect we will see him again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
stellie93

"Come on, meathead." "Don't call me this"

I love the scenes between Helena and Sarah--and then I think, but it's all the same actress. Amazing. It must take forever to film this show. But then they get 5 or 6 parts covered for the price of 1 actress. No way they are paying her enough.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #14
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikel View Post
It was a strange casting choice for a relatively short appearance for one episode. Maybe he owes something to NBCUniversal. I suspect we will see him again.
Maybe he is a big fan of the show and was open to a small role just to appear on a show he is a fan of. Wouldn't be unheard of.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #15
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Helena's scene set to the song "Crazy" (or whatever it was called) reminded me of Alison's scene set to the song "Bitch" last year. I wonder what song Sarah's scene should be set to.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post

How did Paul find Sarah and Helena so easily, when Sarah was being so careful? How did the kid from the Prolethians find Paul and know to follow him? Sarah's ex just happens to be in the same rehab as Alison?

These were on top of last week with Helena magically finding Sarah and appearing at the exact moment to save her.
Don't know the answer to the other ones, but I think we're to understand that Vic being in the same rehab as Alison is due to Angie putting him there to spy on Alison. So that's not a coincidence at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikel View Post
Suits films in Toronto. Orphan Black films in Toronto. It was probably just the fact that Patrick J. Adams likes OB and expressed interest in playing a guest role, and OB probably jumped at the chance to have him.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
We're supposed to think it's Kira, unless they're throwing us a curve-ball...that's certainly the conclusion Sarah jumped to. But at this point, they may well just be dangling a red herring in front of our eyes!
Do you mean Delphine? I don't think Sarah knows about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post

If you watch carefully they actually do explain almost all of these "coincidences".

For example as already pointed out, Vic is a plant at the rehab center sent in by Angie (detective) specifically to sniff out dirt on Alison, since Alison was having nothing to do with Angie's attempt to be a fellow soccer mom (Alison thought she was a new handler).

Also, Helena didn't magically find Sarah: Helena was hanging out at Mrs. S's house in the basement when Felix and Sarah were searching it (right when they left the house the basement door opened and a mysterious figure emerged). Helena then followed Sarah to Rachel's apartment and presumably heard Sarah screaming, and broke in.

As for Paul, he followed Leekie to the bar where Leekie met Sarah, and Paul has tailed Sarah since then: he wants to find Kira.

I do agree that the Prolethian guy picking them up was really strange: I don't know how we're supposed to understand that.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:46 AM   #18
Ment

For Prolethian guy. I wouldn't put it past them to put a tracker in her. They had her under for the egg extraction anyway.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
Dawghows

Didn't Paul and Prolethian Guy exchange a few words at the bar about how he (Prolethian Guy) found them? I'm not sure there was any actual explanation, but I think there might have been at least some middling attempt to gloss over it.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
philw1776

"White Russian?"
"Pork rinds?"
"You, have a nice hat"

The language of love, OB style.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #21
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Didn't Paul and Prolethian Guy exchange a few words at the bar about how he (Prolethian Guy) found them? I'm not sure there was any actual explanation, but I think there might have been at least some middling attempt to gloss over it.
Not really. Paul told him that he was "good", and that Paul only noticed the tail the previous day. So obviously Prolethian guy had been tailing them as well but we have no idea how he might have picked them up in the first place.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #22
Dawghows

Orphan Black 5/24/14 “To Hound Nature In Her Wanderings”

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Not really. Paul told him that he was "good", and that Paul only noticed the tail the previous day. So obviously Prolethian guy had been tailing them as well but we have no idea how he might have picked them up in the first place.

Well, yeah. Like I said, there was no actual explanation given as to how he found her. But there was lip service about it.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote