TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Amazon purchases and changing Tivo's

I have Amazon movie purchases downloaded to my Roamios'. I'm preparing to deactivate them and replace them with a new Roamio Plus.

There was once a thread about Amazon purchases were someone stated that if you delete a Amazon purchase (and permanently delete it from deleted items) that such content will be available again to download later.

Since there is a limit on downloads once a Amazon title is purchased, I'm reluctant to delete such as I'm not sure if I follow how Amazon knows if a title is permanently removed from a Tivo.

Can anyone confirm?
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
poppagene
User

YOur best bet is to call Amazon and ask. I can confirm that amazon has the ability to reauthorize downloads in some cases, but I haven't explored your specific case. I had a situation where because of too many season passes set at kuid (keep until I delete), purchased episodes of series that were automatically downloaded to a tivo were deleted and not showing up ion the deleted shows folder before anyone had a chance to view the shows. After remedying the season pass issue, Amazon reauthorized the downloading of the deleted shows.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
gkottner

I only have experience with purchased TV shows from Amazon, but hopefully the process is similar. I got a Roamio Basic for Christmas and had about 10 episodes of Covert Affairs and White Collar on my Tivo HD. I deleted them off the HD. I don't honestly remember permanently deleting them, but I'm old. I do remember it took 2 to 3 days for the episodes to be available again for download from Amazon. Once they were available again, I deleted my TivoHD from Amazon downloads and then added the Roamio. No issues downloading again to Roamio. I also have had experience with not getting a TV download and found that Amazon was quite easy to deal with in that circumstance. I do agree with the OP that it may be best to check with Amazon first.
gkottner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

When you add or remove a Tivo, simply unlog(un-register) then re-log your tivo.com account in your Amazon.com account.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
tomhorsley

I got amazon setup again after getting a roamio, but I can't find amazon anywhere on the TiVo itself (though I can go on amazon.com and push videos to the TiVo and see them just find in my shows). Anyone know where the heck amazon is buried in the TiVo menus?
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I got amazon setup again after getting a roamio, but I can't find amazon anywhere on the TiVo itself (though I can go on amazon.com and push videos to the TiVo and see them just find in my shows). Anyone know where the heck amazon is buried in the TiVo menus?
I just initiate transfers from a browser pointing to amazon.com. Easier than doing it from the TiVo. On Roamio Pro I can see Amazon launch point under "Find TV, Movies, & Videos". Just ensure you have Amazon enabled in your "Video Providers" list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Download speeds are dismal if you use the TiVo amazon interface, downloads are much faster if you use the web interface at amazon when you make amazon purchases.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I just initiate transfers from a browser pointing to amazon.com. Easier than doing it from the TiVo. On Roamio Pro I can see Amazon launch point under "Find TV, Movies, & Videos". Just ensure you have Amazon enabled in your "Video Providers" list.
I do remember seeing a video providers list somewhere once, but I have no idea where to find that anymore either in order to enable amazon :-). (Though as everyone says, using the amazon.com interface in a web browser is almost certainly more convenient - heck I can find amazon.com :-).
Old 05-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
I do remember seeing a video providers list somewhere once, but I have no idea where to find that anymore either in order to enable amazon :-). (Though as everyone says, using the amazon.com interface in a web browser is almost certainly more convenient - heck I can find amazon.com :-).
Settings-Channels-My Video Providers

Old 05-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Settings-Channels-My Video Providers
Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. The last place I'd look for VOD-like things is under a place named "channels" :-).
Old 05-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. The last place I'd look for VOD-like things is under a place named "channels" :-).
I know the feeling. I had to be told where the reboot menu went when it moved to the Help area - last place I'd look for anything useful.