TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
kturcotte

Set up season pass but not record entire show?

Is there anyway to set up a season pass, but purposely not have it record the entire show? What I'd like to do is have a season pass set up to record Jimmy Kimmel Live, but I only want it to record new episodes, only record of its actually on, and only record the opening monologue (I don't want the interviews and stuff because of space issues). Is there anyway to do this?
kturcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

No, you can have the season pass start recording earlier or on time, and end on time or later, but never to shorten the recording, ie: just record the first 10 minutes or the last 20 minutes. Unless you set a manual recording, but that only works for a specific time, ie: 11:25pm to 11:40pm every day/m-f/s-s and it will record whatever it is on at that time.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

VideoReDo or Manual Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by kturcotte View Post
I only want it to record new episodes and only record the opening monologue because of space issues
It sounds like you're waiting several days before watching the new episodes and don't want them taking up extra space during that time. If saving disk space is critically important to you, there's a software program called VideoReDo that lets you edit out the parts you don't want then transfer the abridged version back to TiVo so you can delete the full-size original. There's lots of extra effort involved with back and forth PC transfers but it solves the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
manual recording will record whatever is on at that time
A manual repeating recording on ABC from 11:35pm to 12:00am every Monday through Friday is probably your best bet. Just press "Info" to check each finished recording's original air date and delete any repeats, or check your To Do list and prevent any repeats from recording at all. You will miss the occasional 10pm specials Jimmy has during some sports events and awards shows though.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote