TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

PBS channel recording failed - not authorized

I've got a Plus with a Moto M-card running 6.25 firmware. Have had no issues with all 6 tuners in the month that I've had it until last night - a scheduled recording of Nature on one of our local PBS stations failed with 'not authorized' reason given. I saw the failure and tuned the channel just fine in live TV, and it subsequently recorded the repeat overnight without issue.

Is this another tuner issue with the Roamios, a possible card issue, or just a glitch? I've had no signal level problems that I know of.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:56 AM   #2
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I've got a Plus with a Moto M-card running 6.25 firmware. Have had no issues with all 6 tuners in the month that I've had it until last night - a scheduled recording of Nature on one of our local PBS stations failed with 'not authorized' reason given. I saw the failure and tuned the channel just fine in live TV, and it subsequently recorded the repeat overnight without issue.

Is this another tuner issue with the Roamios, a possible card issue, or just a glitch? I've had no signal level problems that I know of.
It's a glitch, I had the same thing happen with a Tivo HD once with an NBC station and it was over the air broadcast. It was a one time problem but the weirdest thing I've seen with a Tivo. It might be guide data related.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
javabird

I had it happen on an ABC station. It went away but I don't know what changed.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote