TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Schumacher

Bravo "First look" - Minimum record time option

So, please no judgement. Sometimes, I watch some bravo reality shows. They have these first look episodes every week that are about 12 minutes long which I have no desire to watch. I would love to see some feature that would not record these.

Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

Perhaps use a wishlist instead of a 1P. Exclude sneak peek or something else unique to those short episodes.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
I get these on other channels. Got several of them for The Walking Dead leading up to the premiere a couple weeks ago. I think FX does, or did, also air like a little 5 minute recap of episodes that would get picked up by 1P/SP as well.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Schumacher

Yes, I also get it for Walking Dead. It is just highly annoying to have to go delete them all the time. I complained about it some years ago, but I guess tivo never go the message.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
choco

TLC started doing the same thing recently, which is bothersome. I might have to use a wishlist instead at some point.

choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #6
wmcbrine
Ziphead

If it helps, you could delete them from the To Do list instead of waiting for them to be recorded. That way, you could get a couple weeks' worth at once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
Schumacher

Yes, there are semi work arounds. It would be nice if tivo could address this issue. This is what this section is for.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #8
choco

Deleting it before or after it's recorded is all the same to me. It's bothersome both ways, and I don't want to have to delete it at all.

My guess is that networks have determined that this is a good way to get DVRs to auto-record "commercials," and that's why they're doing it. The ones on TLC that I've seen are 15 minutes long, but only the first 5 minutes or so are related to the show. The rest is who knows what other stuff.

choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #9
trip1eX

Yeah this is annoying. I've been tricked a few times that there was a new episode and it was just this and I felt like I had to go in and delete although really I could have just left it.

Tivo could do a lot of little things like fixing this to refine the user experience.

But not sure how they fix it. It's a guide data problem isn't it?

Tivo could tell itself not to record much shorter than usual episodes of the show like those under 15 minutes long?

I imagine there's a group of people that like this stuff being recorded though.

trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Schumacher

Tivo could easily fix it. They are essentially very long commercials. The first look is a commercial in itself for the show jammed packed with more commercials. Tivo should have done something about this years ago.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #11
jrtroo
User

Doesn't bother me one bit. I don't see what is broken, hit clear and it's gone. Fine with a feature add. Did you try a wishlist as a work around?