TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
sabottx

Question Synology DS112

Greetings...

I am new to Tivo and NAS in general... Purchased both a few weeks ago...

Purchased both but not originally to work with one another... Tivo to explore the service and the Synology DS112 as a stand alone file backup for all of my family's files and photos.

I am now at the point of wondering if I can connect my DS112 with my Tivo.

Since my DS112 stays powered on 24/7 and my computer only when I using it... I would like have the Tivo content moved to the DS112 instead of my computer. Likewise... I would like to move content from my computer to the DS112 and then to the Tivo...

Any suggestions for the newbee?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mike
sabottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
vectorcatch

The NAS has a python package that you can download through the package center. Then with a little work, you can get pyTiVo working on it and share videos to and from the TiVo.
vectorcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
sabottx

Thank you for your quick reply!

Is there any easier way or product available for a newbee like myself? I looked at pyTiVo but it's beyond my understanding at the current time.
sabottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
txporter
One sec, almost done

There is no "easy" way to bridge synology to Tivo. I run pytivo on my Synology DS111. The setup isn't really that bad. The most trouble I had was getting it to start up on the synology at boot.

If you have any devices that support DLNA (TV or bluray or roku or similar), then you can probably use the synology media streamer or Plex or Serviio to stream content. I have used Plex and Serviio to my panasonic TV and a roku. You cannot transcode video with your synology (nor mine). They just don't have the power needed for it.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Slamzee

I installed pytivo using a package at synologycommunites, it runs, but complains about missing pytivo.conf, which is right in the application folder. I have edited it and add the proper info (I hope).

Any ideas?

My TiVo does not see the MyMovies either. I've used pytivo on my windows machine before, and am now try to set it up on my DS214.
Slamzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
snoopy123123

Where did you find that Synology Package ? Wich Repo were you using ?
snoopy123123 is offline   Reply With Quote