TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Satchel

The Amazing Race - "Bull Down" 5/4/14

Did anyone else hear Rachel use the F word at the 16 minute mark when they realize their cabbie is lost.

As the cabbie gets out of the car and closes the door, I clearly heard her say "oh man, we're f---ked."

Did anyone else notice that?
Satchel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Goober96

Didn't notice it the first time but went back after reading your post and, sure enough, an uncensored F word. Slipped that one by them.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
The closed captioning says that she said "Oh, man, this sucks."

It sounds enough like that to be believable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Here I was rooting for Leo and Jamal (among other teams), thinking they had changed...and then they go and U-Turn the Cowboys--BOO HISS!

Super bummed to see the Cowboys go! But they went out like they played the race-classy all the way!

Flamenco dancing was fun-the girls looked great! The Cowboys were darling with their hats, as always...

Those "ballz" meant business!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Azlen

The title of the episode seemed like a huge spoiler and it turned out to be.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Really? Spoiler? Wow!

Yeah, the Afghanimals showed no class, but then again, it's true that Jet and Cord WERE their biggest threat, especially after one hurt his knee. It's all in the game, as everyone said last week, and it IS for a million dollars.

The Cowboys stayed as true to themselves and classy throughout. Sorry they went out.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
My wife was not pleased with Rachel's constant "I'm just a girl" complaining.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
brianric

At one time I was in Dave and Connor's camp. Now I can't stand them.
brianric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #9
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Really? Spoiler? Wow!
Maybe I was just reading into it too much but as soon as I saw "Bull Down" I thought the Cowboys were in trouble and were in danger of being eliminated. Turned out to be the case.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

"Bull Down" was what the Afghanimal yelled when he hurt his knee.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #11
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

The Cowboys picked a bad time to have a bad leg. They have no one to blame but themselves. If we trust the editing, they didn't lose because of the U-Turn, but because they missed the first plane and then missed the first sign in the first task. They just got beat.

Too bad. I really wanted them to win. And I really don't want any of the teams left to win.

A more complicated task or two would have kept them in the race, most likely, but I think the producers like to keep the teams bunched up now.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
laria
Librocubicularist

I can't really fault the Afghanimals for changing their mind there and u-turning the Cowboys, even though I would have rather seen them stay than those useless girls.

Also, Rachel's whining about the bulls hitting her too hard and they should take it easy on her because she was a girl made her lose some of the goodwill she'd managed to build up with me this season by not being as annoying as last time.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #13
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
The closed captioning says that she said "Oh, man, this sucks."

It sounds enough like that to be believable.
That's what it sounded like on the west coast feed. I don't know if they'd re-edit it that quickly.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #14
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Here I was rooting for Leo and Jamal (among other teams), thinking they had changed...and then they go and U-Turn the Cowboys--BOO HISS!
I'm with laria. It makes no sense to me to think that U-turning a team is bad. They u-turned a team and that means they are d-b's?

Get over it people! It's part of the game. They're competing for a million dollars and it was a strategic decision.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #15
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Also, Rachel's whining about the bulls hitting her too hard and they should take it easy on her because she was a girl made her lose some of the goodwill she'd managed to build up with me this season by not being as annoying as last time.
I expected a Rachel meltdown after that challenge, but she held it together.

Still annoying that she used that excuse. Ditto for Dave saying the same thing about him being an old guy.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #16
WO312

I just listened to Rachel with my headphones on. She clearly says "that sucks". You guys are imagining things.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #17
justen_m

The running with the balls was hilarious and one of the most entertaining tasks I can remember. Then again, I like _Wipeout_. It was nice to see the girls choose the flamenco dance task, and probably a wise decision on their part. It was a fitting closing scene, with one of the cowboys "riding off into the sunset" on a horse (don't remember which one).

I was rooting for the cowboys, but the Afghanimals made a good strategic decision to eliminate the strongest team. It was a smart move in a race for $.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #18
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

All five teams left the Pit Stop in Switzerland within 23 minutes of each other. How did they not all make the same flight? I thought the producers usually reverse engineered the departure times to coincide with the flights they want the teams to get on. That was very strange that teams leaving the PS so close together got so spread out in such a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
The running with the balls was hilarious and one of the most entertaining tasks I can remember. Then again, I like _Wipeout_.
Oh my gosh, I was crying I was laughing so hard watching the players, especially Rachel, get blown up by those Ballz. That was the best task they've had on TAR since Cheese Log Hill. And then when Rachel fell flat on her face as they were approaching the Pit Stop, I nearly lost it.

However, that challenge was really pretty dangerous. Their torsos were pretty well protected, but I'm surprised Jamal is the only one who got hurt. They were getting hit and falling over pretty hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
I was rooting for the cowboys, but the Afghanimals made a good strategic decision to eliminate the strongest team. It was a smart move in a race for $.
Totally agree that it was a smart move. Sucks for the Cowboys, and for the other teams that were hoping to have Brenchel eliminated, but from a strategic standpoint, that was the smartest move the Afghanimals could have made.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #19
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Totally agree that it was a smart move. Sucks for the Cowboys,..., but from a strategic standpoint, that was the smartest move the Afghanimals could have made.
Unfortunately, if the cowboys hadn't gotten lost (again) getting to the airport in Switzerland, missed the first clue in the running of the balls, or gotten totally lost looking for the clue in that palace, they would probably have been ahead of the Afghanimals.

Like somebody said above, the cowboys picked the wrong leg to have a bad leg.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #20
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
My wife was not pleased with Rachel's constant "I'm just a girl" complaining.
I was pissed at both Dave's whining about being an old man AND Rachel's whining "I'm just a girl!"

You CHOSE not to do the flamenco, so quit your bitchin'.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #21
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
That's what it sounded like on the west coast feed. I don't know if they'd re-edit it that quickly.
We re-listened to it, and it was pretty clearly "This sucks" (or maybe "This is tough", but definitely not an F-bomb). Central time, so same feed as the East Coast.
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #22
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I'm with laria. It makes no sense to me to think that U-turning a team is bad. They u-turned a team and that means they are d-b's?

Get over it people! It's part of the game. They're competing for a million dollars and it was a strategic decision.
I thought the Brenchel U-Turn of D&C was stupid because it was a bad strategic play, setting them up for long term failure for short term gain. (As it turns out, they've survived by a combination of good racing, luck, and the fact that there's a pretty bad team that's still alive. Which I guess can be said for a number of "not great but successful" teams throughout race history.)

The U-Turn by the Afghanimals was a great move, although I think they were legitimately surprised that Brenchel was so close behind them and able to beat them to the Pit Stop. I'm sorry to see the Cowboys go, but it was a totally legit race goal. The naive country girls might think they're dishonest now, but the country girls are now cannon fodder anyway.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #23
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just knew we were gonna hear about the bulls picking on an old man and Dave didn't dissapoint.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #24
eddyj

U-turning what is possibly the best team left and getting them out (while keeping a worthless team in play) is the correct thing to do. This is a race, and especially this late, you do what you gotta do. It's not like they lied and cheated, they used a game mechanism as it was intended. I with the Cowboys had made it, but them's the breaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #25
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Rachael nailed it when she said Leo & Jamal did the smart thing instead of the popular thing. I hope she and Brendan go on to win now. Send Dave & Connor home next.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
NJChris
Moogs!

I really don't get how it was a lack of class to use the u-turn?? It's not like they hid somewhere and tripped them as they ran by. It's part of the game. Class has nothing to do with it! I just don't get that it's anything but a game mechanic.

And the girls saying they can't understand how B&R U-turned D&C because they are so sweet???? WHAT? They did what they thought would help them in the game, not out of any malice. While all those 3 teams wanted was revenge and didn't think about strategy.

If I was on vacation with friends and some strange opportunity came up that two of my friends got delayed because I blocked them, then yes that is not classy and I would understand people hating me.
NJChris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #27
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Hated to see the Cowboys go but they went out with class.

Rachel, "I'm a girl" cries were very annoying.

I am cool with anyone winning but Brenden and Rachel. As I have mentioned before, she has already won a crapload of money on a reality show and I still don't like their attitude.

There is a small part of me that is kind of rooting for the blondes. After all their second chances and other teams helping them along the way I would crack up to see them somehow sneak in and win it. I can't see it happening but it would be funny!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #28
Inundated
Face For Radio

I thought I heard Rachel dropping the F-bomb, too, and looked at the screen when I heard it...but at that point in the hour, I was kind of half listening, anyway.

Gotta agree with the others...I generally dislike the U-turn as a whole, but it's there to be used and part of the race. And getting the Cowboys out of the race was a good move for Leo and Jamal...as much as I'd like to see B&R go.

Still, there's something to be said for one "villain" team in the final three. And I don't really even consider B&R a "villain" team per se, I just don't like them (particularly Rachel).

I will say that if I hear Dave complain about his age one more time...I suspect Phil is in the same boat at this point in the season, telling Dave he's young at the mat

I miss the Trotters and now the Cowboys. Not sure who I'm rooting for now. Probably Leo & Jamal by default. D&C are a good story and if I can get past all the age whining...

And how are the country girls still in this?
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #29
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
There is a small part of me that is kind of rooting for the blondes. After all their second chances and other teams helping them along the way I would crack up to see them somehow sneak in and win it. I can't see it happening but it would be funny!
Honestly, they're probably a better team than the Beekmans, so maybe it can happen. On the other hand, the current remaining competition is way better than those teams that the Beekmans snuck past, and Beekmans hit lightning in a bottle in getting a final leg that featured a task that really relied more on just doing all the possible combinations than any real memory skill.

I can't imagine there'll be another U-Turn, so even if the Afghanimals and D&C wanted to still take out B&R, whether for their own devices or on behalf of the country singers, I don't think they'll get the opportunity. The country singers really need to either put together a truly great leg (something I'm not even sure they're capable of) or hope for a serious stumble on the part of B&R. (I say specifically B&R because for either D&C or the Afghanimals, the country singers would probably stop and help rather than race on ahead.)

I do think D&C will be very surprised to find out that the Cowboys are gone.

Here's a hypothetical: If D&C still had their U-Turn in play, they'd have done B&R, clearly. (Loyalty to the country singers, revenge, getting out a strong team: take your pick.) If the Afghanimals then had U-Turned the Cowboys, who do you think would have survived? I'm inclined to think it still would've been B&R just based upon time differential, but the Cowboys tend to just bang out tasks even if the tasks don't play to their strengths, so maybe there'd have been some chance of making up the gap.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #30
type_g

The Cowboys gave up there pass to the ladies and it bit them in the butt. They also helped them back in Japan during the build a truck challenge. I bet they are regretting that. Who knows what could of happened if they didn't give them the pass but i would be pissed