TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
sxdcfv

Roamio Storage Control

I'm going to switch from Windows MediaCenter to Roamio plus. Can I set the Tivo to record only new episodes for some shows and new/rerun for others? Can I limit how many episodes of a given show are recorded before the oldest gets deleted/overwritten?
sxdcfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
kdmorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdcfv View Post
I'm going to switch from Windows MediaCenter to Roamio plus. Can I set the Tivo to record only new episodes for some shows and new/rerun for others? Can I limit how many episodes of a given show are recorded before the oldest gets deleted/overwritten?
1) Yes. Only New Episodes vs Include Reruns is set at the Season Pass/Wishlist level for an individual show.

2) Yes, "Keep At Most: 10" was the default last time I looked. It can be set to other numbers, including :All.

Limited by disk space of course.
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Keep in mind when you first start using the Tivo, it will record (what you might consider) repeats for the first couple of weeks. The Tivo will treat repeats as new because it hasn't recorded them before. After about two weeks, this behavior irons itself out.

You can limit how many episodes are recorded a couple of ways.

1) With a season pass set to keep episodes "until space needed", the Tivo will record new episodes until your "keep at most" limit is met, then it will start deleting old episodes as new ones are recorded.

2) With a season pass set to keep episodes "until I delete" (KUID*), the Tivo will record new episodes until your "keep at most" limit is met, then it will stop recording new episodes unless you (a) increase the "keep at most" limit or (b) start deleting old episodes.

* NOTE: It is recommended that you use KUID sparingly if you have a small hard drive, as that setting can cause future scheduling conflicts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote