TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Xfinity on Demand - Hide Adult Content

Is there a way to hide adult content available on Xfinity on Demand without turning on parental controls where you need a PIN code? When I turned on the hide adult content feature, I couldn't watch Crisis without entering a PIN.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:06 AM   #2
godsey1

The way I did it was hit the guide button, go to the channel and click left to highlight the channel and press enter. It should give you the option to delete the channel. I really love this option. Hope it helps,

Tony
godsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsey1 View Post

The way I did it was hit the guide button, go to the channel and click left to highlight the channel and press enter. It should give you the option to delete the channel. I really love this option. Hope it helps,

Tony
If you do this, is there a way to get the channel back in the future?
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
godsey1

I have not checked into getting them back, but I would say a guided setup would be in order. That would be my best guess. Maybe someone withmore knowledge will chime in,

Tony
godsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #5
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

I think you are talking about two different things.... the original post is about inside of the comcast on demand "app".

To answer the question about returning hidden channels to the guide..
There are two ways to add a channel back into your list of channels:
1. (When in the HD guide) If you hit the yellow "a" button when in the guide, you can set it to show "my channels", "favorites" or "all". Set it to "all", find the channel(s) you want to add back to "my channels", click left to highlight it and click select. You will see options to 'watch now" "add channel to favorites" and "add channel to channel list". Then set your view back to "my channels"
2. (with either HD or SD menus) Go to settings and messages/settings/channels/channel list and click 'select' on your remote to add them back to your channel list.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
tcorning

If you turn on Parental Controls temporarily and change the Hide Adult setting to "on", that will still affect Xfinity On-Demand after Parental Controls are turned off. You just need to enable P/C temporarily to change the Hide Adult setting. Note that if P/C are enabled, then programs rated Adult Only in MyShows will show up as "Title Hidden" when Hide Adult is set to "on".

Hope this helps
tcorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorning View Post
If you turn on Parental Controls temporarily and change the Hide Adult setting to "on", that will still affect Xfinity On-Demand after Parental Controls are turned off. You just need to enable P/C temporarily to change the Hide Adult setting. Note that if P/C are enabled, then programs rated Adult Only in MyShows will show up as "Title Hidden" when Hide Adult is set to "on".

Hope this helps
Thanks! That seemed to work!