TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #31
tatergator1

The most beneficial aspect for me appears to be the ability to exclude Kids shows unless you specifically select that in the left column. Anyone with Kids can sympathize with how cluttered things can get with all their shows lumped into My Shows. It also appears accessing remote TiVo's could be a little more convenient by having them in the left list.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #32
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
I hope the "Video Providers" section is more than just shortcuts to open the OTT apps. Would love to see TiVo pull down my last 5 or so Netflix titles and provide a "resume playing" link for each of them. If I'm 50% thru a movie, pickup where I left off. If I finished episode 12 of a TV show the last time I was in Netflix, start playing episode 13.
The Zatz article linked to a previous article discussing TiVo's patent for video bookmarking. This could provide something close to what you are looking for if it is actually released. It is a patent that seems to be relevant to the capabilities being foreshadowed by the leaked photos.

See http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-04/...ls-social-dvr/
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #33
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
The Zatz article linked to a previous article discussing TiVo's patent for video bookmarking. This could provide something close to what you are looking for if it is actually released. It is a patent that seems to be relevant to the capabilities being foreshadowed by the leaked photos.

See http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-04/...ls-social-dvr/
It seem to me that Netflix or even Amazon would have allow TiVo to do this and I don't see them doing it. Now if Netflix manage to buy out TiVo (big if) I could see this happening.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #34
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post
It seem to me that Netflix or even Amazon would have allow TiVo to do this and I don't see them doing it. Now if Netflix manage to buy out TiVo (big if) I could see this happening.
Netflix already allows TiVo to index their content for TiVo Search and link directly to content so I wouldn't be surprised if it was allowed.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #35
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Hopefully the (useless to me) What To Watch Now entry can be eliminated from My Shows now...
Definitely useless for me too.. But this third column isn't useful for me either, since the VAST VAST VAST VAST VAST majority of what I record is TV shows... and unless one wrongly categorizes all cartoons as kids shows, I don't record kids shows either. So basically everything is "TV shows".

thankfully, these screenshots show the ability to hide the third column.

I'd far prefer SMALLER text and/or a usable multi-column Now Playing or something.. (I admit, it's probably hard to make a usable multi-column now playing, I'm just trying to imagine ways to better make use of all the space).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #36
moyekj

Yeah, filtering My Shows is not much value to me either. At most I have 50 shows of less usually, so it's not too cluttered right now, and vast majority of what is recorded are TV shows that group into their own folders anyway. I could see it being useful for people with tons of recordings and a mix of movies + TV shows + kids shows, but that's not my case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #37
jcthorne

What if the video providers folder brought in your amazon, hulu and netflix queues as lists in your my shows page. That would be a useful update and this 3 column view would make more sense managing that many recordings (both local and cloud).

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote