TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Startswithaj

Problems pairing Slide Pro remote with Roamio Plus

I just got my Plus(well, my replacement Plus. The first was stuck in an endless guided setup loop) and am having problems pairing my Slide Pro remote. I went to the following TiVo page: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2774

On that page it says to go into settings and end up at "Part 5: Remote control pairing." The only problem with this is under remote settings, my TiVo only has up to option 4.

I used to have a Roamio Basic and I know that there was an option five on that one. What's the problem? Is there another setting on the TiVo that I'm missing? Is this Plus defective too? Anyone have any ideas?
Startswithaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

I just did this last night when I got the free Slide Pro and I shuffled my SLide Pro remotes around. So I put the newest one on my Roamio Pro. That had the number 5 option and it only took a few seconds to do the pairing.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:08 AM   #3
Startswithaj

So you think mine is defective? Since it's missing option 5 completely?

I also noticed that my software is listed as being 20.3.6 but the TiVo website lists the latest version as 20.4.1. I'm not sure if that could even make a difference but I figured I'd point it out.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startswithaj View Post

I also noticed that my software is listed as being 20.3.6 but the TiVo website lists the latest version as 20.4.1. I'm not sure if that could even make a difference but I figured I'd point it out.
From the small pamphlet that came with the TiVo Slide Remote,

Quote:
Step 1: Pair your Slide Pro

Note: Make sure your TiVo box is running software version 20.3.7 or later before completing this step

sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
Startswithaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
From the small pamphlet that came with the TiVo Slide Remote,
Thanks! I actually don't remember seeing a pamphlet but there's a good chance I left that in the box and just went by the online instructions. Oops. Talk about a case of RTFM, eh? lol.

I called TiVo and for some reason they said my TiVo box is in the wrong group(the word "Argon" was mentioned) and that my box would need to be moved to the correct group. Apparently after this happens my box should update it's software. Or they're going to push the update to my TiVo. Something like that. So hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to pair my remote.

On a side note, my slide pro seems to have somehow paired with the TiVo automatically(although the search button doesn't work) whilst the remote that came with it hasn't paired. So I'll end up needing that screen for the regular remote and not my slide pro.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
Hookd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startswithaj View Post

I don't know if you completely fixed this yet.. but I found that my Slide Remote came paired. I had to 'un pair' it then 'pair' it and it worked fine.
Hookd is offline   Reply With Quote