TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2015, 02:25 AM   #1
daithen

Tivo App Trouble downloading copyrighted shows

Hello,
I have a problem that just starting happening recently. 3.6 was working fine until yesterday and now I am having trouble downloading some shows. I download and check delete from dvr but what happens is that it finishes but doesn't delete. The watch on iPad button is grayed out and if I tap it I get a message saying that it cant be viewed while it is being moved to your device. If I dont delete it and go to the DVR tab and try and download it again I get a message saying it is already downloaded and you can tap OK or play on iPad. If you tap Play on iPad voila you can play it. But only on this screen if you go to the On iPad tab it still wont play and you get the other message. I have two Tivo's and this is on a Premiere which my Stream is in my Roamio Plus. The Roamio seems to be unaffected. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

daithen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
alleybj

This is a bug that has been in existence since the first day that they activated copy restricted downloads. For me it's been maybe 50% work and 50% do exactly what yours did.

alleybj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
Is it actually deleted from your TiVo? I've seen a few cases where the source file is not deleted and as such the iPad download is never unlocked.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:07 AM   #4
daithen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybj View Post
This is a bug that has been in existence since the first day that they activated copy restricted downloads. For me it's been maybe 50% work and 50% do exactly what yours did.
Yeah before the 3.6 update I saw lots of issues as well. I finally figured if I closed the app and then re-setup streaming in the app each time I started one of these downloads it would go correctly. After the 3,6 update it seemed to work flawlessly until I started encountering this.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:09 AM   #5
daithen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Is it actually deleted from your TiVo? I've seen a few cases where the source file is not deleted and as such the iPad download is never unlocked.
No it's still there. I can play it. That is where the issue is I think. The source video never deletes from the DVR thus the iPad thinks its still downloading. Strange thing is that I can play on my iPad but have to initiate from the dvr tab.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
That's streaming, not playing the local copy. If the show doesn't delete from the TiVo then the local copy is never unlocked.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 PM   #7
daithen

Hello,
It actually was not streaming it was playing the download. I didn;t get any of the lag you normal get when fast forwarding when streaming. The point is now moot as both Tivo boxes have gotten the July update. Seems like the stream is now going offline periodically while downloading. Stops downloading and get the dreaded x00005 error then setup cant find the stream for about 5 minutes, this is new with the update.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
LI-SVT

I have had a couple of cases where the original video is deleted from the TiVo and the download is not playable. In home stdeaming is the only feature that works reliably for me.

LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #9
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by daithen View Post
Hello,
It actually was not streaming it was playing the download. I didn;t get any of the lag you normal get when fast forwarding when streaming. The point is now moot as both Tivo boxes have gotten the July update. Seems like the stream is now going offline periodically while downloading. Stops downloading and get the dreaded x00005 error then setup cant find the stream for about 5 minutes, this is new with the update.
I presume you mean 0x10005 error? That, 0x10003, and some other one (I think 0x203) are the ones I hit *very* often.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #10
daithen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I presume you mean 0x10005 error? That, 0x10003, and some other one (I think 0x203) are the ones I hit *very* often.
Yes thats the error that keeps coming up

Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #11
mattack

Then again, contact Tivo and tell them about this. As many people complaining as possible helps show how widespread the problem is.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote