TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Dunteachin

XOD App Vanished from Roamio Plus

Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved.

My new Roamio had issues pairing the cablecard, but once they were fixed, my premiums and my XOD worked perfect.

Then about a week later, the XOD app vanished.

I contact TiVo who first said the XOD Group needed to be added back to my account and it would take a couple days. When I inquired after waiting the couple days, TiVo said it was a Comcast outage, I am in Maryland BTW a market that has been up and running with XOD for some time. They never addressed the group issue.

I then contact Comcast executive support to inquire about the supposed area outage, of course they said that TiVo was wrong, but that their engineers would discuss the problem directly with TiVo and find out what was wrong.

The only thing they did was send a pairing signal to my cable card and of course that didn't change a thing.

I have the latest 20.4 TiVo firmware and my cable card is a cisco 801 with 1.52 firmware. Not the latest, but again it worked fine for a while.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dunteachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Pejota

Same thing is happening to me here in Central Florida. The app first showed up maybe a month ago. It was fine for a couple weeks, but then I restarted my Plus while I was setting up a new Mini and the app disappeared. A few days later, I restarted the Plus and the app returned and worked fine up until two days ago. The Plus froze, rebooted, and when it came back the app was missing again. It is still on both of my Minis and working, but I'm sure it would disappear if they were restarted.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
expmag
RehobothJeff

Mine in Delaware gone as well. I tried a reboot but still gone.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
henrys1

I live in Maryland as well and have the exact same problem - except with a premiere XL. XOD working fine until about three weeks ago - then the app just vanished. Called tivo, comcast - still no solution.
henrys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Dunteachin

This is the recent reply that I received from TiVo:

Thank you for your reply. I would be happy to continue assisting you with this.

I do apologize for the delay in resolving this issue. TiVo has been working with Comcast to assist with restoring Xfinity on Demand to a number of customers in the Maryland area. We have identified an error from Comcast's side of things that disrupted the function of the Xfinity on Demand application - Comcast has indicated that the issue may possibly be resolved as of today.

In order to ensure your TiVo receives any updates Comcast may have made to the application, please ask the TiVo box to complete 2 - 3 connections to the TiVo Service. To manually initiate a connection to the TiVo service, go to TiVo Central and select Messages & Settings > Settings > Network & Phone > Connect to the TiVo service now.

After you have completed these connections it may take 24 - 48 hours for all available changes to be applied. If you're still unable to access Xfinity on Demand after this time, please let us know.

When I speak with Comcast they don't acknowledge anything is wrong on their side and haven't given me anything to try to fix it.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunteachin View Post
This is the recent reply that I received from TiVo:

Thank you for your reply. I would be happy to continue assisting you with this.

I do apologize for the delay in resolving this issue. TiVo has been working with Comcast to assist with restoring Xfinity on Demand to a number of customers in the Maryland area. We have identified an error from Comcast's side of things that disrupted the function of the Xfinity on Demand application - Comcast has indicated that the issue may possibly be resolved as of today.

In order to ensure your TiVo receives any updates Comcast may have made to the application, please ask the TiVo box to complete 2 - 3 connections to the TiVo Service. To manually initiate a connection to the TiVo service, go to TiVo Central and select Messages & Settings > Settings > Network & Phone > Connect to the TiVo service now.

After you have completed these connections it may take 24 - 48 hours for all available changes to be applied. If you're still unable to access Xfinity on Demand after this time, please let us know.

When I speak with Comcast they don't acknowledge anything is wrong on their side and haven't given me anything to try to fix it.
Same problem in Naples Florida.
dkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
Pejota

Mine has returned and is working without rebooting.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #8
Pejota

Aaaand, it just gave an error saying the application could not be started and has disappeared again. Sigh.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #9
henrys1

XOD app just came back for me yesterday in Maryland woo-hoo!
henrys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Dunteachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrys1 View Post
XOD app just came back for me yesterday in Maryland woo-hoo!
On Thursday May 8 I had two techs come to the house and conference call with 9 other people from both Comcast and TiVo. There were reps from each department that might have had a piece in getting it fixed. Engineering, billing, etc. Very interesting listening in. They were very professional and didn't blame each other but rather had the customer in mind and wanted to get it fixed. I got to hear how widespread the issue was. Apparently they thought the call volume was light perhaps because many people don't use the feature. But anyway...

First thing they figured out was a Comcast issue. The CableCard Host ID screen was not showing the CTRLID for the area and the phone number was listed as 800-XFINITY when it should have read 800-COMCAST.

Someone at Comcast updated some code in the DNCS (basically their router for the Harford area) and voila, CTRLID 1907 populated and the phone number was correct according to them after they rebooted their servers.

TiVo then said if we force connections to TiVo central and then reboot it should have informed TiVo that is should load the launch point since it now had the 1907 (Harford) CTRLID to ID my unit as XOD. Unfortunately it didn't do it, but TiVo at this point took responsibility for the problem.

They said it might take 24 hours to reappear. Mine finally reappeared last night, 4 days later.

Perhaps coincidentally, or maybe this also helped, I noticed on my online account, that I now have a digital receiver listed which I didn't before. I only have one outlet which has a Cable Card, I don't have any STBs other than my Roamio, so I can't confirm this has anything to do with it.

Anyway, I hope all Marylanders who were affected have been fixed.