TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
skid71

Wishlist Creation

Been using the Roamio +Mini's for a number of months now. For whatever reason, creating a Wishlist seems like a daunting task.

The goal in creating one now is to catch the first 3 episodes of GOT, Season 4.

Is it possible to create a wishlist for just a particular season of a show?

If so, could someone provide an example of how to do so?

Thank you
skid71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

No
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
mattack

Actually, you could by title or keyword.. It would be a pain, but I THINK you could do essentially (TITLE&OF&FIRST&EPISODE)||(TITLE&OF&SECOND&EPISODE)||(TITLE& OF&THIRD&EPISODE)

Again, you'd probably consider this even more daunting than whatever you're doing now (that's not meant as an insult), but you can do some fairly sophisticated things since they added some decent Boolean operators.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
moyekj

Practical way is make a non-auto record wishlist using series title, then use "upcoming" function to periodically search for all episodes from which you can find and set to record individual ones. Easier than that is using kmttg search++ functionality to do the search from which it's a little easier to pick and record individual episodes. If you're looking for fully automated I don't know of a way.

If money is no obstacle then easiest thing is buy all episodes of a season on Amazon from which you can then upload all to TiVo for viewing. The HD versions are better quality than cable I find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
lpwcomp

It's actually very easy to create a wishlist for a specific episode of a show.

Explore this show->Episodes, select the episode. One of the options is "Create a Wishlist Search".

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
daa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Actually, you could by title or keyword.. It would be a pain, but I THINK you could do essentially (TITLE&OF&FIRST&EPISODE)||(TITLE&OF&SECOND&EPISODE)||(TITLE& OF&THIRD&EPISODE)

Again, you'd probably consider this even more daunting than whatever you're doing now (that's not meant as an insult), but you can do some fairly sophisticated things since they added some decent Boolean operators.
This is the first I've heard of these boolean operators, and I think that they can solve a problem for me. A pointer to where they're documented would be appreciated.
daa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by daa View Post
This is the first I've heard of these boolean operators, and I think that they can solve a problem for me. A pointer to where they're documented would be appreciated.
That's the whole problem, the PDF manual makes no mention of how to do it at all, and it's not obvious either. I found out thanks to this post how to do it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...08#post9862908
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip
Create the txt or phrase. Arrow over to the right and save it (Save and Add Another will save a step). Now the txt you added is listed below the menu choices (lower right of screen). Each time you add something, it gets added to the list on the lower right.

Now Arrow to one of the phrases listed, and THEN hit the Thumbs.

One change from previous software is before you hit Thumbs Up to cycle thru the Boolean choices. Now T-Up makes it optional, T-Down makes it anti-optional (what's the word for this?)

You can do this for each area where multiple choices are allowed. For example, you can do it for actors or keywords, but not Categories, where only one is allowed.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
skid71

I sure appreciate the info you all shared. I've got KMTTG set up on the laptop, I'll give that a shot. The creation of a wishlist search through episodes is very intriguing as well.

In reference to video quality mentioned earlier,
I too, have found that Amazon download quality is far superior to HBO cable on our system (Comcrap). We were offered HBO's & Showtime's for $1 extra a month for 2 years and thought we should try it out. Video quality is horrible.
skid71 is online now   Reply With Quote