TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
rwtremaine

Vuze

I have three TiVo units in my home. On one of my Series 3 units I have suddenly started to see Vuze on LUKE-PC in my now playing list. I have never used or even downloaded VUZE and there are no PCs in my home that are called LUKE. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how I can get rid of it??
rwtremaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtremaine View Post
I have three TiVo units in my home. On one of my Series 3 units I have suddenly started to see Vuze on LUKE-PC in my now playing list. I have never used or even downloaded VUZE and there are no PCs in my home that are called LUKE. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how I can get rid of it??
Is part of your network wireless?

Is your wireless router set to broadcast the SSID?

Got a neighbor named Luke?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #3
squint

I use Vuze is my BitTorrent client. It's bloated but probably the only client that reliably stops downloading if my VPN drops.

I did notice awhile ago that it has an option to transcode and serve video to Tivos. I've never enabled the option though.

I would think that computer would have to be on your LAN. Is someone using your wi-fi without your knowledge?
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
rwtremaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Is part of your network wireless?

Is your wireless router set to broadcast the SSID?

Got a neighbor named Luke?
Thanks for the reply I looked at my wireless router based on what you said and when I looked at my security log I saw these messages:

WAN side client access Virtual Server [Azureus UPnP 24810 TCP]

I turned off UPnP and the the VUZE mention disappeared on my TiVo. I live in a very rural area and my closest neighbor is about 250 feet away and I don't think they have the network smarts to be able to link to my router so I have no idea where this WAN link may have come from. Anyone have a clue?
rwtremaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
squint

UPnP just allows a program to open up required ports rather than you having to do so manually. Disabling UPnP might have closed those ports but if someone had access to your network, they still have access.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtremaine View Post
Thanks for the reply I looked at my wireless router based on what you said and when I looked at my security log I saw these messages:

WAN side client access Virtual Server [Azureus UPnP 24810 TCP]

I turned off UPnP and the the VUZE mention disappeared on my TiVo. I live in a very rural area and my closest neighbor is about 250 feet away and I don't think they have the network smarts to be able to link to my router so I have no idea where this WAN link may have come from. Anyone have a clue?
If they don't have the smarts to do it, they don't have the smarts to realize they've accidentally done it.

Find out if there's anybody living anywhere near your house named Luke.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote