TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Gerryex

The Following - "Forgive" 4/28 **SPOILERS**

Come on now, someone else has to be watching other than me!!!

Well, I guess it was kind of predictable that almost everything is handled ALONE by our heroes. They have a whole army of officers and yeah they are used sometimes but all the interesting things are done all by the super-cops.

One (of the many) thinks that bugs me is that people seem to get shot and then a few minutes later are able to fight as if nothing happened. In the scene at "dinner" one of the twins is really going to shoot Claire when Mike or Max arrive at the nick of time to shoot the twin before he can shoot Clair. Now when the twin is shot I specifically remember seeing some blood spraying out of his body in the chest area. So yes I can acknowledge that it may not be fatal, but a few minutes later he's up and around fighting with someone (Ryan, I think) as if nothing happened.

As the remainder of the episode continued after the dinner, I'm often yelling at the screen "Lets go and finish this already!!!" Thank goodness the bloody twin in Ryan's bed was only a dream as it would have been TOO clichéd. But of course some mystery person did come along to save the twins, both the alive one and the dead one.

Stupid show but still kind of entertaining (even if just to rip it apart!).

Gerry

Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Stupid show but still kind of entertaining (even if just to rip it apart!).
There's definitely some entertainment value to be had by a show with so many flaws, lol. Literally nothing on this show makes sense, which I think is some of the charm. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Does anyone even know how Luke and Mark ended up at The Inn? After Lilly got shot, they ran off. Then they show up at a random Inn in the middle of nowhere just in time to intercept claire? Did I miss something?

I was ALMOST ok with the whole "we need to team up to save the girl" schtick and the only reason is because I think the guy who plays the twins is an awesome adversary - they're so damn unhinged that putting Ryan, Claire, and Joe under their thumb actually made for an interesting scene for a change. But everything else in the episode was just a bunch of "oh come on!" Everything except Ryan slugging the blonde follower like a full on man. That **** was hilarious and deserved.

Speaking of Followers, in the 'previously on' they showed Joe asking the guy outside the church if "knows what to do". Later in the episode he nods to this guy as Ryan sneaks him out (don't get me started on that), then the guy crashes Ryan's car to free Joe and Joe murders him and takes his car. Soooooo.... A: did Joe use his infallible powers of precognition to know how he'd be getting out of the church, and put a man on the outside to help? And what exactly was the point of having that guy cause a major car accident (that could have killed joe), only to kill him... Was it just to get his gun? Seems extreme but that's literally the only thing I can think of. Unless they accidentally edited out a scene somewhere that explains the point fo that entire sequence.

And then after everything, Claire is all "you did the right thing by not killing him"... WHAT? You just came out of fully covert witness protection to convince Ryan that he had to kill Joe, and now you're glad he didn't? And then you just bounce?? hahahaha

I don't know what they can come up with that will get me to stick with season three. Only reason I came back this time was because TV sucks right now so it didn't take any effort to watch it. But it's just so poorly done. Every episode of this show is those episodes in the middle of each season of 24 where the writers have clearly lost control of their story and everything just goes bats*** crazy. The difference is that with "24", these episodes (known as Amnesiatown and Cougartown) are book-ended but excellent TV (IMO), where as the Following is JUST those middle parts.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
Cereal_Killer

Yeah, I think I’m done with this silly show. I knew it sucked after seeing season one, but somehow it was funny enough to watch again.

But, when Claire, not only showed up again, but did the exact same thing that almost got her killed the first time (leaving Marshall protection and meeting Joe), I said no more!!

I was waiting with baited breath for her to be killed. But, no such luck.

As the poster above said, it’s basically Hardy, niece and Mike doing everything and it gets pretty tiresome.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted. I simply don’t care who the mystery driver in the last scene turns out to be.

Cereal_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
purwater
I make tasty water

There seemed to be less stupidity earlier in season 2, but they couldn't help themselves to an extra helping of stupid in the last few episodes. I usually watch while asking my wife why in the world would anyone do that? I was hoping Claire would be killed by the twins just because she was so dumb to go to the inn alone. There are so many things that just left me saying WTH throughout the 2 seasons so far. But of course my wife loves the show so I'll be sitting through season 3 if it happens.

purwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
stellie93

I think the twins are really good at creepy. I'm glad one of them is left. And I liked Lily too. And the guy who plays Joe is so good at seeming like a nice guy, and yet you know that he will rip out someone's throat in an instant. He makes that believable, to me. There are worse shows on, so I'll watch if it has a season 3.

I wondered why he killed the guy who rescued him with the accident. Maybe he expected him to do something with less chance of killing them both.

stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by purwater View Post
There seemed to be less stupidity earlier in season 2, but they couldn't help themselves to an extra helping of stupid in the last few episodes.
it's almost as if they didn't expect to be renewed and were on their way to wrap it all up in a great finale. then, they were renewed, and suddenly had to kill everyone and every plot line in the last 3 episodes to be ready for season 3.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
. . .
But everything else in the episode was just a bunch of "oh come on!" Everything except Ryan slugging the blonde follower like a full on man. That **** was hilarious and deserved.
. . .
YES!! I thought she definitely deserved that and I was kind of happy when she was killed later on when the good guys with night vision goggles stormed the darkened church and killed all the bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I wondered why he killed the guy who rescued him with the accident. Maybe he expected him to do something with less chance of killing them both.
My take on that is the guy was on the outside just in case Joe was being taken away and then he would follow to rescue him. But to crash the car and possibly kill Joe in the process seemed pretty dumb. As to why Joe then killed him I assume Joe REALLY wanted to save Claire and knew he would need Ryan's help so Joe really did not want to be rescued.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll probably watch the 3rd season just to see how silly it will be!!!

Gerry

Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote