Believe I have hard disk problems and trying to get Roamio Plus into kickstart mode but it just goes right past and boots all the way up.
At weakness http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php
it gives some simple instructions on how to do this, but each time it just boots all the way up.
This thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=459244
talks about you have to wait for the Green led to go out. When I restart the Tivo the Green light never goes out like he talks about (it does briefly go out at the very beginning, but this occurs immediately after restart).
I don't have an RF remote (it's just the simple peanut with no Qwerty board) so that should not be a problem. I have tried multiple things.
1. hit pause for 2 seconds
2. hit pause for 3 seconds
3. wait a few seconds before entering 54 kickstart code
4. wait over a second between the 5 and the 4 like the above thread mentioned.
5. wait a few seconds when yellow light begins to flash.
Here is what happens.
1. Green light is on
2. Red light is off and never comes on during the whole process.
3. Yellow light is off.
4. Go to Settings & Messages->Help->Restart or Reset
5. Thumbs Down 3 times
6. Press Enter (yellow light goes on briefly when I hit enter that I assume is just showing that the Remote control was recieved)
7. Green light briefly goes off and back on (like 1/4 of a second)
8. Screen display Welcome! Starting up...
9. After about 20 seconds yellow circle starts to randomly flash.
10. Immediately I hit the pause and hold for 2 seconds.
11. Yellow light continues to randomly flash.
12. I press 5 and release (normal button press).
13. Wait another second and press 4 and release (normal button press).
14. Yellow light continues to flash for a couple of more seconds (never goes steady, just continues to flash in sort of a random rate).
15. After another seconds or 2 screen goes blank for a few seconds
16. Displays Almost there... Just a few minutes more.
17. Roamio completes its boot up completely after about another 1 to 2 minutes.
So what am I doing wrong to try and get this into kickstart mode and do the code 54 for the Hard Disk test? This is a fairly new unit (less than 3 months).