Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
ccd

Trouble w/transfers from pc to 1 of 2 TiVos

Current installation:
2- Series 3 HD TiVos - 'A' & 'B'
64 bit desktop PC with Windows 7 Pro & TiVo Desktop+ 2.8.3
Wired network
PC contains 2 folders, 1 to transfer videos to 'A' another for 'B'.
TiVos & PC see each other & downloads from TiVos TO PC OK.

Symptom example:
3-48 minute videos are placed in B's's folder. Almost immediately, transfer begins & all 3 successfully transfer in about 37 minutes. Once upon a time, A behaved the same as B, but no more! The same 3 videos are then placed in A's folder & eventually transfer after 15-1/2 HOURS.

Details of the transfers to A are as follows:

Mon 4:40pm 3 videos placed in A's transfer folder.
4:42pm Transfer of video 1 begins, but aborts after about 1 min.
6:06pm Transfer of video 1 begins again, but aborts after about 1 min.
9:42pm Transfer of video 1 completes.
9:54pm Transfer of video 2 begins, but aborts after about 1 min.
Tue 3:57am Transfer of video 2 completes.
4:11am Transfer of video 3 begins but aborts after about 1 min.
8:08am Transfer of video 3 completes.

For each of the aborted A attempts, recording history indicates "Not Downloaded" - "This program was not downloaded onto this DVR because someone in your household canceled the transfer." Of course - this is bogus!

All of the typical steps - reboot PC-TiVo-modem, clear & reinstall Desktop+, clear PC cache & restart Desktop+, & probably some others that I forgot.

Since B works like a charm on the same network & same PC there must be something in A's box that is trigerring a 'cancel'. But WHAT?
ccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
lpwcomp

How are they connected to the network? If hardwired, you might want to swap cables and/or switch ports to see if that changes anything.

You might want to do a kickstart 54 on A to check the disk.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
Teeps

Had a similar(?) problem with my S3 648250, where it would not see my XL4.
XL4 and kmttg would see the S3.

Short story; rebooting (power disconnect) the router restored function to S3 TiVo.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Had a similar(?) problem with my S3 648250, where it would not see my XL4.
XL4 and kmttg would see the S3.

Short story; rebooting (power disconnect) the router restored function to S3 TiVo.
Problems aren't really all that related and the OP already tried resetting all of the relevant h/w.

To the OP, if you haven't already, you might assign fixed IP addresses to all of the fixed equipment on your network -desktop computers, TiVos, etc.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

If all else fails, it's time to take the hard drive out of the Tivo and hook it up to a PC and have it checked with the manufacturers diagnostic software.

While that is going on, might as well check the power supply for capacitor plague since you have the box open already.

Actually with the track record the Series 3 models have, I would check the power supply first because a failing power supply can cause all sorts of unusual symptoms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
ccd

Smile Solved ???

I may have found a fix. About the only thing I could think of that might have an effect on an internal setting was the "Keep until . . . " setting associated with all recordings. A search of all existing recordings revealed several marked "Keep until I delete!" After changing these to the default ". . . . . until space is needed" & restarting the box, I placed several videos in the transfer folder & amazingly - the transfer began immediately & completed.
ccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccd View Post
I may have found a fix. About the only thing I could think of that might have an effect on an internal setting was the "Keep until . . . " setting associated with all recordings. A search of all existing recordings revealed several marked "Keep until I delete!" After changing these to the default ". . . . . until space is needed" & restarting the box, I placed several videos in the transfer folder & amazingly - the transfer began immediately & completed.
Well, that's totally bizarre.

I wouldn't think Desktop would even have a way to take notice of the Keep Until setting, much less care what it was.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Well, that's totally bizarre.

I wouldn't think Desktop would even have a way to take notice of the Keep Until setting, much less care what it was.
About the only thing I can think of is that the TiVo thought there was insufficient free space so wouldn't initiate the transfer.