TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
BiG

"To Be Announced" - TiVo Support hasn't been able to help.

The basics....I have a Series 3 TiVo. When it was last used it was hooked up to an OTA antenna. It's internal HD failed, and I wasn't really using it at the time, so I didn't hook it back up. I just moved, replaced the internal drive with a 2TB drive from Weaknees, got cable - specifically the 'Blast Plus' package - got two new cable cards from Comcast, connected everything, powered it up, ran through the set up, all was good.

But I soon noticed the channel lineup was incorrect, the Guide showed me as getting channels I didn't get, and didn't show me channels I did get - so I manually adjusted my channel list to reflect the channels I get. This is when the problem began. None of the new channels have been able to get guide listings. All of the manually added channels continue to say "To Be Announced", both in the guide and the banner. The channels tune in just fine though.

It was at this point I contacted TiVo support. Below is a copy of the transcript I've had with them (apologies for the backwards time chronology - it isn't configurable as far as I can tell). It has yet to be solved. If anyone here can offer some additional things to try, I'd appreciate it.
Customer () 08/07/2014 04:15 PM
It already was set to "Filters are Off and channels are set to Channels You Receive". I tried changing the Channels to All, but that didn't make a difference. Next steps?

Response (xxxxx) 08/07/2014 10:02 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the updated information you provided. I have read through the previous contacts as well and would be glad to continue helping you with your ongoing missing channel information problem.

Thanks for your patience with this frustrating issue. I do show we have the channel guide information for the ones you listed on our end as part of the Comcast King County South Lineup so they should be available. Once you've verified that the channels you receive are selected in the Channel List, please go to Live TV and then press Guide, followed by ENTER for Guide Options. Please make sure Filters are Off and channels are set to Channels You Receive. Does this make a difference? Do they appear if you select All channels?

Please let us know!

Please continue to use reference number xxxxxx-xxxxxx for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at . Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

TiVo Customer Support Representative

Customer () 08/06/2014 09:59 PM
Well, I tried clearing the program information, and then I tried clear & delete everything. It has been four hours since it was completed, but the program guide is still showing 'To Be Announced' for the same channels as it was before the clearing of the program information. So...still no luck (and this is with a completely fresh setup) :-/

Customer () 08/06/2014 03:12 PM
Well, I tried that - doing the guided setup with the wrong zip code, then redoing it with the correct one - no difference. I'm going to try something and will report back; I'm going to clear the program information and to do list, then I'm going to go through the guided process with the wrong zip code, then again with the right. Once it has loaded, I'll try re-adding the channels. Hoping this combination might work!

Response (xxxx) 08/05/2014 09:19 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the updated information you provided. I have read through the previous contacts as well and would be glad to continue helping you with your Lineup issues. What we will need you to do is repeat Guided Setup with the wrong zip code (please use 80525) continue through the Guided Setup as you normally would. Once this has completed please repeat Guided Setup with your correct zip code. This should rectify your "To Be Announced" issues. I do apologize for any frustrations or inconvenience this may be causing you.

We do look forward to assisting you further, please contact us back if you have any further issues. The reference number for this inquiry is xxxxxx-xxxxxx. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support at. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx

Customer () 08/04/2014 04:46 PM
| If only a large section of the channels are missing from the program guide they may be Extended Basic channels that have yet to properly synchronize with your lineup. To accurately determine this, provide three examples of channels that read To Be Announced. Provide the channel number, call sign, and what should be displaying on this channel using an up to date channel guide from your cable provider. This way if the data is able to be allocated to the TiVo box, we will have exact information on those channels.

If I understand correctly, here are 3 examples, taken ~4.37pm PST:

276 A&E HISTO... says "To be announced", should be "Ancient Aliens"
668 DISCOVERY... says "To be announced", should be "Street Outlaws"
680 CARTOON... says "To be announced", should be "The Amazing World of Gumball"

We have Comcast Blast Plus. If I was able to attach a file, I could attach what the listings should be. As it stands, the following channels are ones which we get as part of our package, but have 'To be announced' listed for in the Guide:

35, 37, 41-44, 48, 49, 51, 52, 56, 58, 60, 67, 74, 234, 276, 645, 651, 653, 655, 657, 667, 668, 670-672, 675, 677, 680, 689, 697, 704-706, 712, 717, 901-984, 986

I also notice that after doing the repeated setup, as requested by xxxxxx in the previous response, the Guide has re-added ones which I don't receive, which it does show information for, despite not being subscribed.

Response (XXXXXX) 08/04/2014 08:45 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the updated information you provided. I have read through the previous contacts as well and would be glad to continue helping you with this program guide issue.

If only a large section of the channels are missing from the program guide they may be Extended Basic channels that have yet to properly synchronize with your lineup. To accurately determine this, provide three examples of channels that read To Be Announced. Provide the channel number, call sign, and what should be displaying on this channel using an up to date channel guide from your cable provider. This way if the data is able to be allocated to the TiVo box, we will have exact information on those channels. Thank you for taking the time to contact TiVo today and definitely contact us again if you have any further inquiries. Have a great day!

The reference number for this inquiry is xxxxxx-xxxxxx. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support at . Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,

Customer () 08/03/2014 03:47 PM
I did that. It took quite a bit longer than the hour it suggested, then took ages to load all the new information, but now, about 20 hours after everything loaded, I still having the same problem of 'To Be Announced' showing on at least half of my channels.

Response () 08/02/2014 12:55 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you.

Thank you for the information. At this time I do recommend Clearing program information and To Do List.

Please go to: TiVo Central > Settings and Messages > Restart or Reset > Clear program information and To Do List.

After the TiVo has cleared all the Data, Repeat Guided Setup to update and refresh the Data.

The reference number for this inquiry is xxxxxx-xxxxxx. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support at. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
xxxxx

Customer () 08/02/2014 12:20 AM
As the subject says, both the channel banner and the guide say 'To Be Announced'. I went in to my channel list and adjusted it to match my channel line up through Comcast. Although it had the channel mapping was correct - the channel number and call signs are correct - the package it identified me as having was different from what I had; initially, it identified me as having channels I didn't receive, and didn't offer me channels I did receive. After changing the channel list, I am now able to receive all the channels I should - they all come in correctly, complete with the correct call signs - but 'To be announced' was showing for all the channels I had manually added to the list. After 24 hours, and pushing out, successfully, to the TiVo service, I repeated the guided setup once more. Although the channel list now included all the correct channels, it had added some I didn't get, which I removed from the list. That was 18 hours ago now, 42 hours since initially changing the channel list, and I still don't have listings for any of the manually added channels, still just 'To Be Announced'. The guide information shows as being up to date until August 15, and the connection to the TiVo service shows as successful.

Any help would be great, because without guide information, I can't schedule recordings, defeating the purpose of the DVR. Thanks!

BiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
lpwcomp

What is your zipcode? And which lineup did you select?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
squint

It seems unusual to put two CableCards in a TiVo HD. I've been with Comcast since 2007 and have always been given a single M-card. Makes me wonder if this is all just a CableCard problem.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
CraigK
(unspecified)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
It seems unusual to put two CableCards in a TiVo HD. I've been with Comcast since 2007 and have always been given a single M-card. Makes me wonder if this is all just a CableCard problem.
Sounds like BiG has the original Series 3 TiVo (TCD648) which requires two single-stream CableCards rather than one M-Card that the later TiVo HD (TCD652/658) can use.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
BiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
What is your zipcode? And which lineup did you select?
98125; I chose Comcast King County South, which was all that was listed (Comcast has a sanctioned monopoly in Seattle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
Sounds like BiG has the original Series 3 TiVo (TCD648) which requires two single-stream CableCards rather than one M-Card that the later TiVo HD (TCD652/658) can use.
Yup. I think they are actuarially two M-Cards, but they act as single stream cards in the Series 3.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG View Post
98125; I chose Comcast King County South, which was all that was listed (Comcast has a sanctioned monopoly in Seattle).
There actually should be two:

Comcast King County South - Cable (Seattle)
Comcast King County South - Digital (Seattle)

The second one is the one you want.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #7
BiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
There actually should be two
There aren't two showing, regardless of whether there should be or not. Would this be a Comcast issue, or a TiVo issue?

Also, even though it says "To Be Announced", the call sign for the channel still shows correctly.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #8
lpwcomp

Does the lineup here match what you think you should be getting?

When you tune to one of the channels, does it show what you are expecting?

Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #9
lpwcomp

I redid guided setup on my Roamio, using your zipcode and selecting Comcast King County South and answering yes when asked if I received "Root" on channel 30. When everything was done, both the lineup and guide data appeared correct. There is something that puzzles me from your initial post:

Quote:
276 A&E HISTO... says "To be announced", should be "Ancient Aliens"
668 DISCOVERY... says "To be announced", should be "Street Outlaws"
680 CARTOON... says "To be announced", should be "The Amazing World of Gumball"
Are those the actual call lettters you are seeing? What I see are:

Code:

276 H2           Journey to the Earth's Core

668 DSCHDP   The Unexplained Files

680 TOONPHD Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives