New Tivo Roamio Pro + Cable Card (Report)
So a few days ago I bought a Roamio and some Minis with some help from a forum member which saved me a ton of cash...Today it arrived and I set it up
After having read so many horror storries with the Comcast Cable Cards I geared up for war. As it turns out I was overprepared
1. Unboxed the Roamio
2. Ran through the guided setup (connected via Ethernet)
3. Inserted card, called the number on the screen (as it turns out this was the only thing that went wrong as it was not the cable card support, but I did eventually get to the Cable Card Support)
4. I talked to the rep for about 10 minutes while their provisioned/paired the card
5. I got off the phone and all channels were gathered
6. ** VERY IMPORTANT PART HERE ** ALL SIX of my tuners were working right from the start. Recorded 5 channels simultaneously to test and watched a separate channel..When I tried to record on this last tuner though I got a conflict warning (but basically because I have +1 minute setting on recordings so it wanted to use this last tuner to start conflicting programs during that one minute that they are still both recording.
7. Enabled MoCA on the Roamio.
8. Unboxed 2 of the 3 Minis and set them up one at a time (update required/downloaded/installed) and can see all my recorded content from them.
Overall the Comcast signal in my HD channels is comparable to my Dish Network signal. I'm going to let the installation cook for one week and then if everything is still good then Dish is going bye bye.
BTW, the card is a Motorola M-Card (red) for Comcast (Broward County,FL). I was told they have Ciscos but they are for a different county.
Anyway, hope this helps anyone trying to decide what to do.
Hughes SD-DVR40, 120hrs
Dish ViP922 w/Slingbox, 622, 722
Dish Hopper/Joeys (on the way out)
Roamio Pro / Minis