TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
philwojo

Tivo not showing any suggestions

So I did a quick search for this in this forum, but I didn't see anything quickly, though I will admit I didn't spend too much time looking.

So, I got a Roamio in Dec. of last year and am still learning it to be honest. I have tons of thumbs up/down but when I click on the Suggestions section it says I don't have any and to rate more shows. I have well over 100 in there, didn't count, so how many does it need?

I have had many Tivo's in the past, so this isn't new to me, but it is strange that it isn't showing anything in there yet.

Or, did this function change on the Roamio?

Thanks,
Phil

Samsung DLP (HL-S6187W) HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
philwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
HerronScott

We picked up our Roamio at the end of October and it seemed to take at least a week before Suggestions started to record but there are over 600 Suggestions recorded now. I did transfer all the Season Passes from our 2 S3 OLED's but didn't do anything with Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down. So seems to be working fine here (in fact just reviewed the list and found a number of movies that I ended up saving).

Do you have a Tuning Adapter? At one time I thought I read about that causing issues with recording Suggestions.

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
philwojo

Sorry should have given more info, I am only doing OTA nothing else. And I am not looking for suggestions to auto record, just looking for the list of them like on my S3 and TivoHD.

Phil

Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
Old 01-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwojo View Post
Sorry should have given more info, I am only doing OTA nothing else. And I am not looking for suggestions to auto record, just looking for the list of them like on my S3 and TivoHD.
Ah, I had forgotten about the TiVo Suggestions menu item on the S3's. I never used it since we always had Suggestions enabled to record. I don't think it exists on the Roamio. What to Watch Now and any recommendations that show up on the Discovery Bar are probably the closest you are going to get unless you enable recording Suggestions.

Scott

S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
Old 01-16-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
philwojo

It is there on the Roamio but I am not there now to look exactly where. It seems like it should work as it says to rate more.

Phil

Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
Old 01-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwojo View Post
It is there on the Roamio but I am not there now to look exactly where. It seems like it should work as it says to rate more.
The Roamio manual does seem to indicate that you should see them even if you don't have recording turned on. And that you should see an upcoming Suggestions list under Browse TV& Movies - TV - Suggestions but I don't see Suggestions there.

TiVo Suggestions
You can rate any show — whether it’s live, recorded, or listed in the program guide — by
pressing the THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN button on your remote. You can give
a show up to three Thumbs Up (great!) or three Thumbs Down (terrible!).
TiVo Suggestions uses these ratings to create a list of shows you might like. The more
shows you rate over time, the better TiVo Suggestions will get at finding interesting shows
for you.
Auto-recording TiVo Suggestions
When your TiVo box has available space, it automatically records TiVo Suggestions. But you
don’t ever need to worry about recorded Suggestions taking up space — here’s why:
• TiVo Suggestions never replace shows you record, or prevent your shows from being
recorded.
• TiVo Suggestions are always the first shows deleted to make room for your recordings.
If you’d prefer not to record TiVo Suggestions automatically, you can turn them off. From
the TiVo Central screen choose ‘Settings & Messages,’ then ‘Settings,’ then ‘Recording,’
then ‘TiVo Suggestions.’
On the TiVo Suggestions screen, choose ‘No, don’t record TiVo Suggestions.’ You can still
see the TiVo Suggestions list and choose to record individual shows.

Watching TiVo Suggestions
Want to see what TiVo Suggestions are ready to watch? Here’s how to find them:
• TiVo Suggestions appears as a category in the left column of the categorized My Shows
list. Highlight it to see all of your recorded Suggestions.
• Alternatively, when you select a category in My Shows, you'll find a Suggestions folder
for that category. For example, in the TV Series category, you'll find a TiVo Suggestions
folder that contains only suggestions for TV series.
Viewing the upcoming Suggestions list
To review the list of upcoming TiVo Suggestions, choose ‘Find TV, Movies, & Videos,’ then
‘Browse TV & Movies,’ then ‘TV,’ then ‘Suggestions.’
To make sure a show records, highlight it and press SELECT on your remote. You can also
use THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN to rate shows in this list and improve future
recommendations.
To display a list of all shows that you’ve rated, while viewing the upcoming TiVo
Suggestions screen, press ENTER on your remote to see the Review Thumbs screen. Then,
highlight a show and use the THUMBS UP and THUMBS DOWN buttons on your remote to
change its rating.

S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime