Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
atmuscarella

PodCast Issues

Hello All,

I am having 2 issues with podcasts (on my Roamio Basic):
  1. A general issue with all of them where the beginning of the podcast video (just a sec or 2) is all messed up. This happens on all my podcasts now.
  2. An issue with Cnet podcasts: I am now getting SD versions of most (all?) of them instead of the HD versions I used to get.
Anyone else seeing the above? Any thoughts on how to fix either issue?

Thanks!
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio

Last edited by atmuscarella : 04-16-2014 at 09:51 AM.
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
moyekj

For issue 1, ever since TiVos started supporting H.264 playback via streambaby or pyTivo pushes the 1st few seconds of video were black while audio played fine. Now instead of showing black during that time you are seeing scrambled video. i.e. I think it's just a different manifestation of same problem with decoded video buffer for H.264 video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 AM   #3
Devx

Haven't noticed issue 1 but I'll pay closer attention next time.

On issue 2, there was another post about this problem. I believe the issue was related to Cnet having problems with their RSS feed. There's a similar issue via the podcasts app on iOS so it's not just a Tivo thing. On iOS, the previous HD feeds suddenly became less than HD. Unfortunately no idea on any fixes and I haven't really looked into it since other than a quality drop the feeds are still working. For me, it appears all feeds are no longer HD.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
jefsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Hello All,

1. A general issue with all of them where the beginning of the podcast video (just a sec or 2) is all messed up. This happens on all my podcasts now.
  2. An issue with Cnet podcasts: I am now getting SD versions of most (all?) of them instead of the HD versions I used to get.

Thanks!
I am having an issue with CNET podcasts that may be similar to #2. It started a week or two ago. The video is fine, but the audio for all the CNET podcasts is distorted. They all sound like Mickey Mouse. Other podcasts are working fine.

Any ideas? Looks like a CNET issue.
jefsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
JWhites

The issue with the CNET HD podcasts being sent out as 480p has been going on since around March 30th. I don't think they're either aware of this problem or have plans to fix it.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
Bob_Alder

Unbelievable that CNET podcasts have sound issues. It seems to be limited to CNET Video on Demand podcasts. All my other VOD podcasts work fine. How they heck could an adivisor on all things technology not have their podcasts working perfectly? Maybe the need to do a podcast called "How to get TIVO users to receive CNET pocasts with good sound like the rest of the world seems to be able to do."

Anyone out there from CNET listening?
Bob_Alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
dthomas1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Hello All,

Thanks!
For the first issue is this from a season pass you already had scheduled through the Video Podcasts in the SD menu and have downloaded?And do you see this while playing these back from the downloaded videos. or is this from playing back Cnet podcasts through webvideo hotlist?
I discovered the second issue this way - Schduled Season Pass for "All cNet HD Video Podcasts" from SD menu. Went to my Shows and played back downloaded podcasts and see that they are SD versions. Can you confirm these are the steps you followed as well to repro the issue?
dthomas1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
dthomas1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefsta View Post
I am having an issue with CNET podcasts that may be similar to #2. It started a week or two ago. The video is fine, but the audio for all the CNET podcasts is distorted. They all sound like Mickey Mouse. Other podcasts are working fine.

Any ideas? Looks like a CNET issue.
Are you streamign the CNet podcasts from Web Vide hotlist or is this the video Podcast that you have downloaded through season passes?
dthomas1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
mattack

The CNET Podcasts have been messed up for a while now, as mentioned above. One (IIRC CNET Update) even seems to have broken their old URL.. I had to resubscribe on my iPad and finally nuked the old one after a while to make sure the old one never updated.

But the garbage video at the beginning has happened recently for me too, on Tivo only.. (I subscribe BOTH on my iPad and Tivo.. BOTH miss episodes _once_ in a while, so I basically use one to back the other up, though I watch virtually all except any missed eps on iPad at 2x nowadays.)

I suggest you go to CNET and send them feedback.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
RAGordonDFW

I contacted Cnet about the issue and they are aware of the issue and working on correcting it. Here is the their reply: "Dear CNET Member, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thankfully, we are already aware of this issue, in large part due to the attentiveness of customers like you. Currently, our support team is working on getting this corrected. We ask for your patience as we resolve this issue."

Hope it is soon!
RAGordonDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
mattack

Yeah, I must have put that info in a different thread a week or so ago -- the podcasts ARE fixed as far as I can tell... (I guess there were a few days/week when they were hosed that we probably missed episodes forever -- I couldn't find an easy way to find them on their site).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote