TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
Mahlon

Thumbs down Leah Rimini Fat!

Did ya'll see how fat she was in the King of Queens this week??? I know she was supposed to have a baby but from where? She used to make me daydream.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Inundated
Face For Radio

If you're not sure how babies are conceived or born, perhaps you should talk to the folks.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
rberry88

Yeah, ever since this new season started she has been this way. My wife said she should go back to the doctor to confirm that there wasn't a second baby still in there somewhere. The show just isn't the same, the chubby-hubby-who-gets-in-trouble and the hot-wife comedy routine is falling flat here. IMHO
Old 01-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
keirgrey
Frank-N-Genius

Recently, I think she's been looking better. Those were some really unflattering outfits she had on last episode, though. Geez!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Latest 6/20/2014
keirgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

This thread is useless without before and after pics!

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
Breezy

You guys are way too harsh! So, because she didn't lose all the weight right away after having a baby, there might be another one in there? And because she's not back down to a size 2, she's fat? You know what they say about people who live in glass houses?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Same kind of remarks that were made of Holly Marie Combs after she had her kid. The new season of Charmed started and there was conjecture that she was pregnant again. Sheesh.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #8
toddvj

C'mon breezy, it's not like she's a couple pounds overweight, she's HUGE. She's at least as big now as when she was pregnant, if not bigger. The show just doesn't work like it used to. If Carrie gets hit on, I just think "yeah, right, THAT would happen." She's disgusting. The show's producers should've given her an ultimatum to lose the weight back. Or they should at least not pretend that she looks the same as before.
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
caliboy345

For some, it takes only a week and they look like they never had a baby and for other it takes months and months of hard work.

My wife loaths those who lose the weight right after with hardly any work.
caliboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally posted by ClutchBrake
This thread is useless without before and after pics!
Well, she certainly does not look like this anymore (skimpy clothes picture, may not be safe for work)

http://www.leahremini.net/photogallery/Bold.jpg
Old 01-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #11
laria
Librocubicularist

Here's a short article about her and having the baby and how she's not as trim as she was before:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/micro/falltv2...ini_babybulge/
Old 01-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #12
JustAllie
Number crunchin'

I think it's Kevin James' turn to lose weight and look hot.
JustAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #13
caliboy345

At the beginning of last season it looked like he lost a little wieght, still fat, but now it looks like he gained it all back, and then some.

Maybe trying to make his TV wife look skinnier.
caliboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #14
5thcrewman

Quick, get her agent on the phone- I'm thinking "Fat Actress II!"
5thcrewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
midas
I heard that

Just more proof that wedding cake is the most fattening food in the world.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #16
Breezy

Quote:
Originally posted by toddvj
C'mon breezy, it's not like she's a couple pounds overweight, she's HUGE. She's at least as big now as when she was pregnant, if not bigger. The show just doesn't work like it used to. If Carrie gets hit on, I just think "yeah, right, THAT would happen." She's disgusting. The show's producers should've given her an ultimatum to lose the weight back. Or they should at least not pretend that she looks the same as before.

She's digusting????
This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Because she's "fat", she's not attractive enough to get hit on?
And she should be fired because you think she's fat and disgusting?
How do you know she's not sick? How do you know that there isn't
something going on with her health that maybe is preventing her from losing weight?
Funny how we're not hearing how disgusting Kevin James is. Or how it is that Carrie finds him attractive.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #17
5thcrewman

What is it with these sitcoms that pair a fat, shlub with a woman who would never go out with them as their spouse? Are we talking REALLLY low self-esteem here?
I'm talking to you too, Courtney Thorne Smith!!
5thcrewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #18
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally posted by breezy
She's digusting????
something going on with her health that maybe is preventing her from losing weight?
Funny how we're not hearing how disgusting Kevin James is. Or how it is that Carrie finds him attractive.
Face it breezy, lots of guys watch these shows only because of the hot wife. It's not like the quality of the comedy is that great. When the hot wife is no longer hot, well, that's got to be disappointing for some fans. And the simple fact is - SHE IS FAT. No one said there isn't a good reason for it. I'm sure there is. The truth is, she's probably still smaller than the average american woman, but that doesn't change the fact that she's FAT. If you want to get offended that the standards for men and women are different, go right ahead. But don't get offended when someone states a fact.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #19
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Quote:
Originally posted by laria
Well, she certainly does not look like this anymore (skimpy clothes picture, may not be safe for work)

http://www.leahremini.net/photogallery/Bold.jpg
Its not that bad.

2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 PM   #20
toddvj

Quote:
Originally posted by Breezy
She's digusting????
Yes, it is unrealistic that anyone would hit on her.

She is an actress, and one of the expectations of an that is to be attractive. Sorry, but that's how it is. She gets paid millions of dollars to do what she does, but she isn't willing to excersise more or eat less? If someone paid me the kind of money she makes to play a one-dimensional character like she plays, I would make damn sure I had Six-Pack abs 365 days a year. And the fact is, she won't get any more acting jobs if she keeps looking like she does now.

There probably is something going on with her health, it's called sitting around on your @$$ instead of going to the gym, and stuffing your face instead of eating healthy.

Kevin James is fat, and always was, Leah Remini wasn't. That's why we're talking about it, if she was always fat this wouldn't be much of a topic. As for Carrie finding Doug attractive, I don't know. I mean, besides the fact that it is in the script. And in real life you see atractive women with fat guys a lot more often than the other way around. I guess a lot of women have different qualities they look for in a mate than men do.
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #21
Bernie

To the men who posted that she's disgusting..or wouldn't get hit on..how about posting photos of yourselves?
Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #22
pmyers

I've been verbal about her weight gain on this board for quite a while. While she definately doesn't look near as good as she used to, she is definately not disgusting. I do think that it changes the show a little not having the hot wife and the fat husband.

I do think that considering her job, she should have been much more concerned with her weight gain as well as loosing it more quickly than she is (and she does look like she has lost some of it).
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #23
bigcb37
Willing Member

Anyone have a "fat" picture of her or maybe a screen shot from the ep you are describing?

beep
bigcb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #24
jschuman

My wife and I love King of Queens and I have a few random thoughts on this topic:

- We watch the show because it is funny. We have noticed the weight gain and simply note each episode that she is still large. Not condemning her or anything, just a quick, passing 'oh look she's still fat'.
- The show is funny without her being hot. Yes, it would be nice if she were hot again, but until she is, the show still works.
- I find it interesting that people complain that some sitcom's are not realistic when there is a fat guy with a hot wife. Yet now that they are a 'matched pair', others complain!

So I guess I'm kinda in both camps - She IS still fat but I certainly don't watch the show to leer at a hot chick (there are plenty of better outlets for that ). I think the comedy of the show is in Doug's idiotic ideas and Carrie's reactions to them (while often focusing on each of their shallowness)
jschuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:03 AM   #25
pmyers

My wife and I love the show! The humor is just great. We related a lot to the show because that was us! I was the fat husband and she was the hot wife and got all the attention. Then, I lost 60 pounds and now we are more equal (except she still gets all the attention ).....just like in that one episode they did where Doug lost all the weight. That is still my favorite episode, especially when she starts trying to feed him pancakes and stuff.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #26
jschuman

One of the best things this show has going for itself is its supporting cast. Pretty much all the 'regulars' are quirky and funny. Surprisingly enough one of our favorites is Kevin James' brother's character - even though there was some obvious nepotism in that casting.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #27
pmyers

Who is Kevin James' brother? Spence? Danny?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #28
jschuman

Danny

Different last names: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0884230/
Old 01-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #29
Rkkeller

I dont find her attractive at all anymore and YES it is because she is so fat. She lost all the features in her face due to bloat. Its a shame as she used to be so hot.

Also what about John Goodman on the show after it ? Now he packed on some pounds and some pounds and some more pounds.

Rich
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:06 AM   #30
DaveBogart

Fat or thin, I'd still have to put a bag over her head before I'd do any hittin'. I think the woman is just plain ugly.
DaveBogart is offline   Reply With Quote