TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
classicX
Don't scream.

The Last Man on Earth - "The Tandyman Can" S1:E12 OAD 04/26/2015

OK, this show is getting funny again. All of the women fawning over Phil was kind of expected, but his creeped out reaction makes me laugh. Now the women know what it's like to be the thirsty ones. I could see from the beginning that Phil was really only into Carol.

Other notable moments for me - Melissa's strange behavior towards Phil (touching his arm, riding the garbage truck) would make me a little perturbed as well, if I'm being honest. I wouldn't have reacted like Todd, though. Todd's immediate downward spiral after breaking up with Melissa seemed excessive.

Tandy's creepy laugh when Phil said he didn't want him to be president was perfect.

i don't think Phil is gonna be on the show long, since he's talking about how Tucson is the worst place to sustain human life. Also, in the last episode credit, it said "Special Guest Star."

Also, the show titles seem to have changed. I believe this episode use to be called:

Spoiler:
Phil Miller Must Die, which makes sense based on the last scene.

I think Todd is becoming the new Phil (assuming Phil was having sex with ALL of the women and being distraught about it), and Tandy is becoming the comedy relief (planting nothing but jalapeno seeds. I guess they could make some good spicy cheese.

And who could forget that sex scene?

Old 04-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
markp99
TakoKichi

Friggin Phil...

markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I liked this episode much better than recent ones. Tandy was still stupid to claim he'd planted a farm only to then have to stay up all night doing so. But the dynamic of the show is much better when Tandy isn't constantly telling stupid lies that are so transparent.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

TC CLUB MEMBER
I had a few LOL moments with this episode and even my wife who always says this show wont last a second season LOL'd a few times.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

TC CLUB MEMBER
Which makes me ask. Do you guys think this will make a second episode? If anything Id like to see it at least be a webcom.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Which makes me ask. Do you guys think this will make a second episode? If anything Id like to see it at least be a webcom.
It's already been renewed for a second season.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #7
classicX
Don't scream.

I wonder though, why did Carol not insist that Phil marry her before engaging in coitus? When Tandy was literally the only guy around, she made a big deal about it. Now there are three guys, and she has no hesitation.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicX View Post
coitus?
Sheldon, is that you?

markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #9
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I wonder though, why did Carol not insist that Phil marry her before engaging in coitus? When Tandy was literally the only guy around, she made a big deal about it. Now there are three guys, and she has no hesitation.
You answered your own question. When there was no competition, she stuck to her morals. But when sticking to her morals might cause her to lose out to a competitor, she threw her morals out the window.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Sheldon, is that you?
Yes, but you could have given the more correct response of <knock knock knock>Sheldon? <knock knock knock>Sheldon? <knock knock knock>Sheldon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
You answered your own question. When there was no competition, she stuck to her morals. But when sticking to her morals might cause her to lose out to a competitor, she threw her morals out the window.
The alternative is that she was never really attracted to Phil, and just did all that for some other reason, e.g. making him say no to marriage so she doesn't have to sleep with him.

The simplest answer though is because it's just funny. The first two sex scenes with Phil were arguably the funniest things in the entire show, so they just wanted to cash in a few more laugh chips.

In any case, it worked - I actually laughed out loud at this one.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #11
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Tandy was still stupid to claim he'd planted a farm only to then have to stay up all night doing so.
Yeah, that was stupid and predictable... ALSO, he only planted some kind of peppers (jalapeno?)

Funny, I think this one was slightly less good than other recent ones.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I thought this was pretty funny and I'll probably now stick around for a second season. I was thinking the same thing about Carol sleeping with Phil and how she forced Tandy to marry her. So much for her morals. To me, she's even more annoying than Tandy.

Also, I'm starting to dislike ALL the women. They are actually starting to make me actually root for Tandy.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #13
pjenkins
God bless Texas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I thought this was pretty funny and I'll probably now stick around for a second season. I was thinking the same thing about Carol sleeping with Phil and how she forced Tandy to marry her. So much for her morals. To me, she's even more annoying than Tandy.
The sex scene with the loud nonsense talk was comical - everyone hearing it lended to that - they seemed made for each other somehow

The most annoying one to me is the cow, I mean come on, have that thing say a few lines to keep our interest...

pjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #14
getreal
postcrastinator

Now that Todd has nailed Melissa and broken up with her , maybe he'll moove on to Bessy and become a true cowpoke.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #15
classicX
Don't scream.

Those are big houses, and not very close together. If I could hear my neighbors having loud sex, I'd be pretty pissed.

I'm sure it's because they are in Tucson and it's hot and they all have their windows open, but still, not cool.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #16
JYoung
Series 3

I'm not happy that they're having Todd, who was originally very sympathetic, (appear to be) going down the dark road.

Of course, Todd should realize that if Carol hooked up with Phil, it's probably less likely that Melissa will.

I wonder if Phil not knowing Todd's name is a hint that he isn't as good a guy as they think.

That Tandy, he can't stop lying no matter what the circumstances.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #17
TonyD79

Phil is a doosh. Same sentence, different Phil.

Tandy is now just stupid.

This is better.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #18
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Phil is a doosh. Same sentence, different Phil.

Tandy is now just stupid.

This is better.
...And the women just wanna have sex with Phil v2.0, the very same trait you previously hated about Phil v1.0. What up with 'dat? <-- just kidding. I'm actually glad you are loving the show so much now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
...And the women just wanna have sex with Phil v2.0, the very same trait you previously hated about Phil v1.0. What up with 'dat? <-- just kidding. I'm actually glad you are loving the show so much now.
I never disliked it. It was just the flaw of putting all the bad traits in the lead character. They are all more human now.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Those are big houses, and not very close together. If I could hear my neighbors having loud sex, I'd be pretty pissed.

I'm sure it's because they are in Tucson and it's hot and they all have their windows open, but still, not cool.
The virus changed the atmospheric conditions (which explains how all the dead bodies dissolved). Sound travels farther now.