TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
max4677

Is it even worth trying to sell Tivo Series 2 single tuner units wit lifetime subs?

I have three Tivo Series2 single tuner units from roughly 2005. All three have had their original 40GB drives replaced at one time or another (80, 125, and 137 hours respectively) with lifetime subs. I had tried to sell them at Arstechnica's selling thread for what I thought was a pretty low amount ($30 and lower), but I didn't even get a passing nibble.

Should I just suck it up and dump them? I've been giving some odd ball thoughts to cutting one up to try turning it into a emulator box of some sort.

We cut cable almost three years ago and can't even get the formerly free channels that came with Comcast internet access so there is little use for them. Netflix, Plex, and Roku fit the bill nicely now that a three year old dominates our viewing habits.
max4677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
moedaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4677 View Post
I have three Tivo Series2 single tuner units from roughly 2005. All three have had their original 40GB drives replaced at one time or another (80, 125, and 137 hours respectively) with lifetime subs. I had tried to sell them at Arstechnica's selling thread for what I thought was a pretty low amount ($30 and lower), but I didn't even get a passing nibble.

Should I just suck it up and dump them? I've been giving some odd ball thoughts to cutting one up to try turning it into a emulator box of some sort.

We cut cable almost three years ago and can't even get the formerly free channels that came with Comcast internet access so there is little use for them. Netflix, Plex, and Roku fit the bill nicely now that a three year old dominates our viewing habits.
Put them on craigslist. You should be able to get $30 each for them. I bought one off of craigslist for $50 two years ago and still use it in our bedroom. I had it connected to an ota digital converter box and now to a Xfinity HD STB. While it doesn't really get used that much, it is still useful.
moedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
squint

I still see them selling on eBay so there is demand for them. If you do sell there, select a ground shipping service. The default USPS priority isn't an economical way of shipping larger heavier objects.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I still see them selling on eBay so there is demand for them. If you do sell there, select a ground shipping service. The default USPS priority isn't an economical way of shipping larger heavier objects.
Your local USPS is under orders from on high to push the expensive shipping if you don't specifically ask about what less expensive options they have.

You can thank the "Kill the USPS in slow motion" law passed by Congress in 2006 for that.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I would just put it on craigslist for $50 and take any offer I get.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
LI-SVT

Max,

I sent you a PM.
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote