TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
MisterWho

My 20.4.1 Troubles - Mini Losing Connection

I haven't seen these specific issues mentioned but since my Roamio was updated to 20.4.1 (not on priority list), I have had lost connection issues with my mini (not yet updated).

The first morning after update, my mini claimed host box could not be found so could not access the now playing list but live tv worked perfectly. A restart of the Roamio fixed this. Since then, however, during live tv, the mini will lose its connection with a message that network troubles or host cannot be found. Reselecting live tv fixes this.

My mini is connected to Roamio through MoCa and has been rock solid since setup until now.

Also, I notice that no programs are listed on either box under "What to Watch Now" "Popular TV" while movies are listed in the other categories. Strange.
MisterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWho View Post
I haven't seen these specific issues mentioned but since my Roamio was updated to 20.4.1 (not on priority list), I have had lost connection issues with my mini (not yet updated).

The first morning after update, my mini claimed host box could not be found so could not access the now playing list but live tv worked perfectly. A restart of the Roamio fixed this. Since then, however, during live tv, the mini will lose its connection with a message that network troubles or host cannot be found. Reselecting live tv fixes this.

My mini is connected to Roamio through MoCa and has been rock solid since setup until now.

Also, I notice that no programs are listed on either box under "What to Watch Now" "Popular TV" while movies are listed in the other categories. Strange.
After my update, both of my mini's (at one time or another) had the 'lost connection' message. First I tried the "live tv" button that that didn't fix it. I rebooted each mini when it came up and, so far, it hasn't happened again. I hope that was a one time thing.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
After my update, both of my mini's (at one time or another) had the 'lost connection' message. First I tried the "live tv" button that that didn't fix it. I rebooted each mini when it came up and, so far, it hasn't happened again. I hope that was a one time thing.
Same thing happened to me. Both of my minis had to be manually rebooted after the update to get them to connect. My Roamio and both of my minis all received the update. I haven't experienced any further connection problems since.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 04-09-2014 at 07:34 PM.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
leiff

Using component out my mini shows only black screen until i reboot my mini since update. ive had to reboot my mini everyday since update
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
jaredmwright

I have had the Sam message since the update and did not have this issue before. I haven't rebooted yet but will tonight to see if it helps.
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
DirecTV HR22 HDMI & Slingbox Solo COMPONENT
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote