TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
Riverdome

Tivo on screen time cut off

I used the key combination similar to 30 second skip to turn on the time so that it is displayed in the upper right corner at all times. This was successful on my mini but on my Roamio it is cut off the top of the screen to the point it can't be read.

Same result SD or HD channels so it has nothing to do with the aspect ratio/zoom button.

Any thoughts?
Riverdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

There may be a setting on your TV that you can adjust. What brand and model?

Some TVs allow a user to set the overscan and yours may be set too tight, cropping the picture more than it should.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/h...all-tvs-do-it/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
I used the key combination similar to 30 second skip to turn on the time so that it is displayed in the upper right corner at all times. This was successful on my mini but on my Roamio it is cut off the top of the screen to the point it can't be read.

Same result SD or HD channels so it has nothing to do with the aspect ratio/zoom button.

Any thoughts?
Adjust your overscan. I usually run most of my devices with 3% overscan. Although I run some of them, like the game systems, with zero percent overscan. But I also have the ability to adjust it with my video processor.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
budgreen

Is there any way to get the time stamp back in the bottom right corner like on some of the older TiVo's? I feel the bottom right is a better location.
budgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Riverdome

Help me with overscan - sounds like a setting in the television itself, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Riverdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
Help me with overscan - sounds like a setting in the television itself, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yes. Without going into the service menu there might be different settings. For instance my Samsung LCD and DLP sets have a Just Scan setting which has little overscan compared to the 16:9 setting.(I think it's the 16:9 setting.) i've always kept it on the just Scan setting for the least amount of overscan. Otherwise it might be a service menu adjustment.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yes. Without going into the service menu there might be different settings. For instance my Samsung LCD and DLP sets have a Just Scan setting which has little overscan compared to the 16:9 setting.(I think it's the 16:9 setting.) i've always kept it on the just Scan setting for the least amount of overscan. Otherwise it might be a service menu adjustment.
Same here with "Just Scan" for Samsung.

It's called "Display Area: Full Pixel" on all the Sonys in the house.

It's buried a few layers of menus deep on some TVs. So until the OP, or anybody else seeking help, starts naming brands and models, all we can do is guess.

P.S. - Riverdome: The "Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk" messages annoy a great many on the forums. I'm not one of them, but somebody pointing out that you can turn that advertisement off, is nearly inevitable.