TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
cgould

cablecard pairing on comcast for premium channels

New Roamio is working well, Comcast also gave me a nice retention discount and free HBO for a while, except- it's not working on my Roamio.
My Premiere is working fine on HBO, and the cablecard "Val" Conditional Access field is "V" (validated?)...
on the M card in the Roamio, Val is still "?", though w/ each hit the actual number increases eg 0x09,0x10,0x17, etc...
Conditional access is "Yes" etc, I get all the other channels, just not HBO and MGMHD .

I am on my third cablecard now, and comcast has tried re-pairing them multiple times, verified the numbers, etc. I've also tried activating online via comcast.com/activate (it lists either the cablecard or the Tivo hostID#), or not at all (on this 3rd card), ... no help.
I noticed that one of my two S cards on my S3 is also status "?", other is "V", and true enough sometimes I can watch HBO or not.

Any tips/tricks to get the pairing on Roamio to work properly for pay channels?
It's worked once for the premiere, so I can at least see & stream some shows, but..
cgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
HarperVision

Have you called their Cablecard hotline to pair correctly or just the basic customer service number? Also look in your cablecard info screen and make sure your EMMs are at least at a value of 39 or more.

I will GUARANTEE you it's a paring/provisioning/activation issue. DO NOT listen when they say "everything looks good on our end", because they're wrong if the information is as you say it is. Keep calling the CC hotline until you get someone who knows what they're doing with cablecards.
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
ncfoster

I had a major production getting my Premiere's old CableCARD to pair with the Roamio. They tried to convince me that they couldn't do it without me going into the local office and swapping out the old card, because it was paired to the Premiere. It was complete nonsense, but they did not explain to me how they solved the problem after many many calls to different departments. They just "tried again", and it magically worked. I had to press through a rep who really didn't want me to try anything other than swapping out the card, and a supervisor who seemed like he had never heard the word CableCARD, but just keep pressing...
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Ziggie

Pairing our Comcast cable card to our TiVo Roamio PRO has been nothing short of a nightmare. Yes, it's been that bad.

A tech came out to the house yesterday and finally fixed the problem (a coding issue which is what I kept telling all those customer service reps!)

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
humbb

When you call, make sure you use 877-405-2298 for the CableCard hotline. This is different than the 855-652-3446 number activation line that was at the bottom of my CC receipt.

When I called, I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. When I asked if I had the proper "Premier" billing code entered for VOD access, they said yes, I was good to go. They were really knowledgeable and friendly/helpful.

Good Luck!
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
wtherrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Pairing our Comcast cable card to our TiVo Roamio PRO has been nothing short of a nightmare. Yes, it's been that bad.

A tech came out to the house yesterday and finally fixed the problem (a coding issue which is what I kept telling all those customer service reps!)
WOW, they have some nerve charging you $40 for something a competent tech can easily do over the phone. I'm on Time Warner and have now used their Cable Card Hotline to install 3 different CC's. Went smoothy each time. Still have to call them every few months /weeks to "rehit" the cards when I start getting a "This channel not authorized" flag on otherwise black screen when I tune to a channel.
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #7
gnetwerker
ex ReplayTVer

After having installed the Roamio a couple of weeks ago, I wondered why my premium channels weren't recording after the Olympics break -- sure enough, all the premium channels were de-authorized. It took two calls to Comcrap and a hard reboot to re-authorize the box. I hate Comcast.
gnetwerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
WOW, they have some nerve charging you $40 for something a competent tech can easily do over the phone. I'm on Time Warner and have now used their Cable Card Hotline to install 3 different CC's. Went smoothy each time. Still have to call them every few months /weeks to "rehit" the cards when I start getting a "This channel not authorized" flag on otherwise black screen when I tune to a channel.
They were going to charge us the $40 until I started giving them the stink eye! I was like.. oh no you aren't! We have *NO LUCK WHATSOEVER* working with Comcast. We're like oil and water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnetwerker View Post
After having installed the Roamio a couple of weeks ago, I wondered why my premium channels weren't recording after the Olympics break -- sure enough, all the premium channels were de-authorized. It took two calls to Comcrap and a hard reboot to re-authorize the box. I hate Comcast.
We had to wait 4 days for a tech to come out. Comcast is my biggest nightmare.

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #9
takeshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgould View Post
Any tips/tricks to get the pairing on Roamio to work properly for pay channels?
I haven't had problems with pay channels but I've always used the hotline.
takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
williamtel

I've had this same issue with Comcast for the last 4 weeks. Many phone calls, on my 3rd cable card but I finally broke down and had a tech come out to the house. He listened to what I have gone through and made one phone call. 5 minutes later all my channels were working. After making sure all the steps with billing codes and pairing codes were correct all that needed to be done was make sure that the Host ID and the Data ID were the same in their system, Host ID = Data ID. Not sure if making sure all the other items needed to be done but the sure thing was this last entry. If you are still having issues, just ask that the IDs be the same.
williamtel is offline   Reply With Quote