TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
ADG
Allan

Roamio & PC Cannot Connect

Roamio updated two days ago. Now Roamio does not list my pc in Now Showing, but Tivo Deskotp does see the Roamio. I've switched the network settings in Tivo Desktop back and forth between Tivo Beacon and Bonjour, I've restarted the pc and the Roamio - I've checked to make sure the correct folder is published for videos - no luck. The Roamio IS on the network (it's wired ethernet and it can connect to Tivo Central).

Any thoughts before I call cs? Thanks much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ADG : 04-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
questors

My Roameo Pro has had the same problem since I got it in August. I have tried all of the things you did to no avail. Desktop can see the Roameo, but Roameo can't see Desktop. Tech Support had me jump through hoops, change port settings etc, but never could fix the problem. My HD on the same network can see Desktop and Roameo.
questors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
worachj

I had the same problem using Windows 8.1 until I made some network setting changes in Windows.

Here's what I did to fix my problem. Under control panel=>network settings=>Advance sharing settings; Check the follow sections.

Guest or Public “Turn on network discovery”

All networks/Password protection sharing: “Turn off password protected sharing”
Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
ADG
Allan

Thanks for the replies. Got it figured out - somehow on the Access Control tab in Tivo Desktop's Server Properties, the Roamio was unchecked. Not sure how that could have happened since it was fine a few days ago. Anyway, I re-checked the box, restarted Tivo Desktop, and everything is now fine. Actually, what I've now done is checked the option that allows Full Access to everything rather than selective access (I have 4 boxes networked). Hopefully that will prevent a recurrence.

Thanks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote