TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Ask the experts time

It seems my MRV is not working and pytivo is not working. Well some of it works Let me break it down. I have Cox OC Calif and 3 Tivos.
1. (living room) Tivo S3 with LED time display seems ok can MRV with no problem
2. (great room)Premiere works slow menus suck but I can see other tivos NPL but when I try to transfer a show I get a window that tells me the show can not be found on the tivo
3. (master bedroom)Roamio Plus works great can MRV with no problem.
Also now to top it off my Pytivo is not working right nothing has changed on my network and all of this seems to have started when I added HBO. On my pytivo window when I start the localhost I can see all the tivos and when I try to connect to them I can connect to all of them but the Ramio(master bedroom). I get a Message unable to connect to 192.168.1.10
That is the IP of the Tivo and I can ping it from the pytivo host pc.
I know I just gave a lot of info but I want to make sure to cover everything.

last small part I'm running a MoCa network with no problems all network test are passed.
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Have you tried rebooting all of the TiVos? Also, see if you can access the http interface of each TiVo by pointing your browser to http://{your TiVo IP address}. You should see a "success!" message. If that works, try https://{your TiVo IP}. When prompted, use the username of 'tivo' and your MAK (media access key) as the password. You should then be able to see the Now Playing List of the TiVo in your browser.

If none of that works, most likely the web server in the TiVo has stopped responding and a reboot should fix it. If you can't connect to the TiVo with the browser, pyTivo and MRV won't be able to either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Thanks for the feedback going to try all the above.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

No luck everything is working but pytivo on my Roamio. I was able to use browser to see NPL on my roamio but pytivo still not able to connect to that Tivo. I also did reboot the roamio to see if it would help and no luck. So this seems to come down to a pytivo problem now I think?????
Old 04-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

This is the message I get from pytivo

Unable to Connect to TiVo

pyTivo was unable to connect to the TiVo at 192.168.1.2.

This is most likely caused by an incorrect Media Access Key. Please return to the Settings page and double check your tivo_mak setting.

The page will reload in 10 seconds.

I can connect to the other two TiVo's in my pytivo but not the roamio. Also that is not the ip address of my roamio.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealone View Post
Also that is not the ip address of my roamio.
It is. The problem is that your Roamio has two IP addresses, but only one name. The second IP is for the built-in Stream. See here for more details:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508772

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Does the second IP have a MAC? So anybody have any idea why my roamio cant see pytivo?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #8
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

it looks to be a MoCa bridge problem I changed it to Ethernet and turned off MoCa and now I can see my Movie server running pytivo. Time for a network/TiVo wide reboot I wish we had a pytivo expert in the thread to offer up some tips to help my pytivo run better.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #9
windracer
joined the 10k club

wmcbrine is one of the authors ... not much more of an expert than that.

And yes, your Roamio's built-in Stream has a separate MAC address. If you check your DHCP settings in your router, you should be able to see both of them. I'm using pyTivo in a MoCA environment and haven't had any issues with pyTivo seeing the Roamio or any of my other boxes. Maybe we need more details on your network setup, but it sounds like you've got it working now.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #10
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

I do and thanks windracer. And I was just poking fun at wmcbrine I knew he is the MAN!!!!. It's strange it was and has been working great the only thing that changed was me calling Cox Cable to auth HBO on my cable cards. It seems like it was downhill after that. I'm going to spend my Saturday trying to get it all back up to speed. My Moca is as simple as it comes POE filter at the head end that comes into the house and some Linksys Moca adapter one at my Cisco Router that feeds the coax all over the house. It been running great I think it just needs a retuning. and maybe some TLC. Thanks Again!!!