TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Wishlist option -- self convert to SP

I would love to have an option for creating a Wishlist which would "auto convert" to an SP.

The scenario is that you can't create an SP when there isn't an upcoming episode within the next two weeks for a show. So, add an option to a wish list which would allow you to specify a channel on the Wishlist. As soon as the first episode which matches the wishlist shows up in the program guide, check it against the specified channel. If it matches, create an SP for that show and channel.

Over the years, I've had to recreate my SP's multiple times. Most recently, it was when Time Warner completely redid their channel maps. Many of my SP's were shows that only occur at certain times of the year (e.g. Falling Skies, Big Brother). So, right now, my SP list only includes those shows which are broadcasting right now. I'd love to be able to go ahead and put in a wishlist for the rest of the shows and be confident that an SP would automatically be created when that show shows up in the program info again. Instead I have to create a wishlist which picks up all the reruns on other channels or just manually keep track of when those shows start up again and go create the SP when it gets closer.
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
dredwing

You might want to take a look at
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...87725&page=219 (starting around post number 6541, if page number link doesn't work)

This would require getting kmttg set up, and it may be too late at this point for you to capture the old season pass info, but it does seem directly related to your request, though it approaches the problem from a very different direction.
dredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Thanks, dredwing.

Yeah, it is too late to help on this go round. However, good information for the future.

However, I'd still like to see that option added at some point in the future. Lots of higher priority items but it would be nice to have.
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote