TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-23-2015, 01:29 AM   #1
solomita

Audio stops working until reboot

Hi all! I've recently set up a new Tivo Roamio OTA + Mini setup. The Mini is connected to a new Samsung TV but we're having lots of problems where we get no audio until we power cycle the TiVo. No such problems with the Roamio.

If it matters, the TV is a SmartTV and is being used with other features like its built in Youtube app, plus it has a Chromecast connected to a different HDMI port. So it has other users. I don't know that this explains anything though.

Any suggestions on debugging? Thanks! Rebooting daily is not exactly a good experience!
-- Ethan

solomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomita View Post
Hi all! I've recently set up a new Tivo Roamio OTA + Mini setup. The Mini is connected to a new Samsung TV but we're having lots of problems where we get no audio until we power cycle the TiVo. No such problems with the Roamio.

If it matters, the TV is a SmartTV and is being used with other features like its built in Youtube app, plus it has a Chromecast connected to a different HDMI port. So it has other users. I don't know that this explains anything though.

Any suggestions on debugging? Thanks! Rebooting daily is not exactly a good experience!
-- Ethan
Try just using standby. But it does sound like a problem with the TiVo or what it's connected to. My problem was just the opposite. If I used Standby, the TV had no sound until after I powered it off then on. So I stopped using Standby.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #3
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomita View Post

-- Ethan
Hi,
I have seen quite a few of these HDMI handshake problems. One of the work arounds has been to use one of those inexpensive HDMI multiport connectors.

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
solomita

Funny that was my first guess, so I've turned off power saving standby mode. We'll see!

Old 06-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
solomita

I'll keep that one in my back pocket, thanks!

Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
solomita

Turning off power saving standby mode immediately solved the problem