TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #91
andyf

Couple of comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Pssssst. Hey, everybody, Bigg has entered the thread, so don't dare discuss anything related to cell phones or tablets (and no android talk!!!!!!). He's got that covered in 30 other threads.

Oh, hi there Bigg,
There you go again. I know you're trying to be very PC and appreciate it when someone points out you may be slipping up again.

Also, My Sony Bravia TVs (two of them) have no problem with the Roamio or the other devices I have plugged into them (Logitech Skype HD Cam, Yamaha Receiver).
Old 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #92
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Also, My Sony Bravia TVs (two of them) have no problem with the Roamio or the other devices I have plugged into them (Logitech Skype HD Cam, Yamaha Receiver).
My Roamio doesn't have any problems with my TV, but it is inexplicably missing features. For example, my Sony BD player can over HDMI automatically signal my TV to turn on and change inputs when it starts playing. The Roamio doesn't do this. The Roamio also has issues with auto-detecting switches, because it doesn't properly turn off HDMI when entering standby mode.

Last edited by randian : 04-04-2014 at 06:43 PM.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #93
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

<content self-redacted to save space>

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-04-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: <content self-redacted to save space>
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #94
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

<content self-redacted to save space>

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-04-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: <content self-redacted to save space>
Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #95
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHunter1 View Post
This new "Default Recording Options" feature is intended to simplify the process of setting up a new Season Pass or Wish List. If KUID was chosen as the default option, it would surely cause major annoyances when the DVR is low on disk space and the user keeps getting "[program] will be deleted early" warnings and other To Do List conflicts because the DVR can't predict when you'll manually delete your existing and scheduled KUID recordings.
Baloney...take responsibility like most of us do now and adjust your settings for any recording or SP. If you have a smaller disk, then you know what to do. The majority of us use KUID, so it should be the default setting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
...The problem is not that KUSN is the default, the problem is your Keep Until default cannot be set on the Default Recordings screen. If I want to make KUID the default, what business is that of TiVo? Total UI fail by TiVo.
Exactly...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #96
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
I've noticed a small set of glitches with this build when transitioning from HD to SD screens. Drilling into the top-level Settings menu screen results in some weird video output ("stacks" of vertical white dots). Not a big deal.
This was the very first thing I also noticed, no big deal, just odd it was let slip through.

BTW, all my TiVos DVR, (but not Minis) now on 20.4.1 exhibit this behavior so, I think I can rule out the device, TV, HDMI cable, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 04-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #97
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
This was the very first thing I also noticed, no big deal, just odd it was let slip through.

BTW, all my TiVos now on 20.4.1 exhibit this behavior so, I think I can rule out the device, TV, HDMI cable, etc.
I guess my TSNs went into the "black hole" again... Still no updates here. I misunderstood the post you just quoted. I thought it was more than a menu transition, as I now see that's what it was, upon closer re-reading of the post, although I'm surprised TiVoMargret would set a specific email subject for submitting TSNs and TV models over menu transition glitches.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #98
jwbelcher

Quote:

BTW, all my TiVos DVR, (but not Minis) now on 20.4.1 exhibit this behavior so, I think I can rule out the device, TV, HDMI cable, etc.
Try Roamio without View Window enabled... e.g. Mini doesn't have this issue...
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #99
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Try Roamio without View Window enabled... e.g. Mini doesn't have this issue...
We have a winner, With the Video Window "Off" the glitch is not reproducible.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #100
lessd

Quote:
I guess my TSNs went into the "black hole" again... Still no updates here. I misunderstood the post you just quoted. I thought it was more than a menu transition, as I now see that's what it was, upon closer re-reading of the post, although I'm surprised TiVoMargret would set a specific email subject for submitting TSNs and TV models over menu transition glitches.
It looks like one of my Roamios also went into the black hole also, as I got the update on my 2 other Roamios and my Mini, UGG. I re-entered the TSN but the Priority site said this unit was already set to get the update.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #101
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

I'm either computer-lagged, or Chrome is somehow not showing existing posts which would negate having a reason to post some of the posts I have. WTH...
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #102
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Margret's post was directed at the "loud burst-of-static"
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...9#post10064319

I am not hearing any audio static issues.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #103
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Margret's post was directed at the "loud burst-of-static"
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...9#post10064319

I am not hearing any audio static issues.
I've read her post for about the fifth time now, and the post she quoted (seems to) describe both static on the screen AND a loud noise (unless I am repeatedly hallucinating something that isn't there, and it's the same hallucination every time I look).

I don't get the loud noise 100% of the time, nor do I get digital static all the time (sometimes short & loud audio noise with black screen, or no audio noise with static on screen, and so on with variables of these).

The other hiccup in discussing my issues here is none of my three priority enrolled Roamios will download the update, while the post TiVoMargret quoted is one of the people who got the update already. So, I guess I should shut up about my "pre-existing condition(s)" which she collected my TSNs for and asked me to let her know if the problem(s) continued after the update. I wish I could answer that question, but no updates yet...

EDIT/ADD: I have intentionally redacted my own posts about pre-existing issues, and the griping about the enhanced overlap handling feature being removed. It frees up some space to make the thread easier to navigate and stay relevant to the update. I didn't completely delete them, as I know that can sometimes do more harm than good.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-04-2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: EDIT/ADD: Explaining redaction of posts
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #104
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
The majority of us use KUID, so it should be the default setting...
I doubt that very much. I can understand why TiVo left it out since too many users don't realize implications of setting everything KUID. Perhaps a default in settings as off would make sense, certainly not a default of on. A default of on would be a drastic change for casual users that have no idea about this update.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #105
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I doubt that very much. I can understand why TiVo left it out since too many users don't realize implications of setting everything KUID. Perhaps a default in settings as off would make sense, certainly not a default of on. A default of on would be a drastic change for casual users that have no idea about this update.
I'm not saying that the software default be KUID -- all I'm asking is that we be given the OPTION of setting KUID as the default. (I meant to previously say that it should be A default setting; not THE default setting). The software default can be anything; just give us the OPTION of setting it to KUID. Oh, and doubt all you want...you'd be wrong. TiVo users aren't as stupid and clueless as you're making them out to be...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #106
tatergator1

Quote:
We have a winner, With the Video Window "Off" the glitch is not reproducible.
Agreed. Any HD to SD menu transition while the preview window is active results in a brief "glitch screen" of several columns of white dots and a broken horizontal line about 3/4 of the way down the screen. No loud static burst.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #107
midas
I heard that

Quote:
The majority of us use KUID, so it should be the default setting...
The majority use it for all their season passes? No chance!

The majority use it for the majority of their season passes? Also no chance!

I think you meant to say that the majority of people in your house use it.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #108
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
The majority of us use KUID, so it should be the default setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I doubt that very much.
Quote:
Oh, and doubt all you want...you'd be wrong.
We need a poll. I'd be willing to bet that KUID use is in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas View Post
I think you meant to say that the majority of people in your house use it.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 04-05-2014 at 07:20 AM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #109
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Agreed. Any HD to SD menu transition while the preview window is active results in a brief "glitch screen" of several columns of white dots and a broken horizontal line about 3/4 of the way down the screen. No loud static burst.
I played around with this some more just now and haven't had the audio static issue occur since it happened twice Thursday after updating. So hopefully there is just a very limited scenario for when it does occur.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #110
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
We need a poll. I'd be willing to bet that KUID use is in the minority.
And the poll would only tell about people who A) come here, and B) answer polls.

I suspect that in the real world, the vast majority of TiVo users, or any kind of tech users, only ever use the default settings.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #111
rarceneaux

Mine was stuck on updating screen when I woke up pulled the plug and 5 minutes it finished even though it said this May take a hour or longer and I didn't even sign up for the early update. It said 20.4.1 now.
rarceneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #112
jackief

I'm having stream issues, Margaret said it was resolved.. I can't get to the roamio plus from the mini and iPad says out of home. I have done additional connections to service and reboots. Any other suggestions? This doesn't seem widespread?
jackief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #113
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackief View Post
I'm having stream issues, Margaret said it was resolved.. I can't get to the roamio plus from the mini and iPad says out of home. I have done additional connections to service and reboots. Any other suggestions? This doesn't seem widespread?
Have you tried a restart? I needed to reboot every Roamio after the upgrade. All have been fine since.

My guess is that since I was upgrading all 7 boxes at the same time, that they may not have all known about the others while rebooting since they were all booting up at different times. After rebooting the 3 Roamio's one by one later in the night after the upgrades all has been fine. They had added some code a while ago to verify in home access and that seems to be somewhat sensitive.

Last edited by Sixto : 04-05-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #114
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Quote:
I'm seeing the out of home thing on my iPad also. Was typing up another thread when you posted this.

ADDED: I rebooted just now and the iPad app is working again.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

Last edited by BiloxiGeek : 04-05-2014 at 08:33 AM.
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #115
jackief

I did reboot each, but perhaps not in the right order. Had all unplugged while eating breakfast and am now starting, connecting, testing again. It how works after the big hammer approach. I'm glad I have not actually been out of the house when the update came.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #116
KwikSilvr

Loss of input on ff/rw

After the spring update on my Roamio Plus my tv temporarily loses the HDMI signal when doing 30-sec skip, fast forward or instant replay. I get black screen ("no input detected") for a few seconds after the action until video is re-established. Almost like a change in resolution. Same thing when normal FF is first initiated; it does recover and show the FF action after a few seconds.

I did have issues with this sporadically happening when bringing up the menu or guide previously, but the issue with fast forward and rewind is only after 20.4.1 and is consistent (happens on every action).
KwikSilvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #117
jbenda

mp4 files are not playing correctly

I just got the update on my Premiere and Roamio Basic. I have mp4 files from Handbrake on both boxes and the Roamio doesn't play them correctly after the update. During playback the screen goes black and the sound goes mute every 20 seconds or so for a few seconds and then comes back. These files worked fine before the update and the Premiere is still playing them fine.

Anyone else see this on their Roamio?
jbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #118
jackief

the other "conincidental" problem I am having is that the slingbox connected to the component outputs of my mini is not picking up the video signal. I can't see how this is related to the update but noticed when going through all my testing. Was working right before update. I have mini hdmi going to tv and component going to sling. Going to check the mini forum and then try more unplugging things.....
Old 04-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #119
moyekj

Quote:
the other "conincidental" problem I am having is that the slingbox connected to the component outputs of my mini is not picking up the video signal. I can't see how this is related to the update but noticed when going through all my testing. Was working right before update. I have mini hdmi going to tv and component going to sling. Going to check the mini forum and then try more unplugging things.....
Recently I switched my Slingbox 350 to use Mini component output (after getting the breakout cables). Prior to that the Mini was HDMI connected, so I removed HDMI connection and replaced with component connection. The Mini refused to output component until I rebooted it, and that was with HDMI still disconnected. Could be if a reboot doesn't fix it that Mini won't output both outputs simultaneously anymore, and that it takes a reboot to switch outputs.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #120
mpnret

Any way to opt out of this update for now? I see reports of some getting the update that are not on the priority list. From the posts so far it looks like it solves a lot of problems that I didn't have but creates a host of others that will affect me. For me an opt out or get it last list looks like a better option.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote