TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #31
Philmatic

Here is what the new "Default Recording Options" screen looks like:

Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #32
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasta View Post
My Mini cannot get passed Error S03. I've forced the connection several times and rebooted. Same error.
If you have the S03 error, please email margret@tivo.com your TSN, with the subject: "S03 Error".

Thanks,
--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #33
kbmb

Margret,

Where would you like issues reported? In this thread only?

Want to make sure they are visible to you.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #34
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Updates all 7 boxes. 2 Pro's, 1 Plus, 4 Mini's.

One small glitch on one of the Pro's where I hit the down arrow on the My Shows screen and the cursor jumped down several lines when I just pressed it once. RF Slider Pro remote.

iPad app thinks I'm away from home and I'm on the home network.

Will stress this over the weekend.

Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 AM   #35
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just tried to play a recording from a remote Pro on my main Pro, got v125 error. Rebooting now to see if this helps.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #36
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
20.4.1 Release Notes

Reboot solved the v125 and the iPad connect issue. Rebooting the other two now.

Update: all work now. My guess is that they all needed to be upgraded and all rebooted to recognize that they're together on the same network. We'll see.

Last edited by Sixto : 04-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #37
morac
Cat God

Is this a quick update or one of those "up to an hour or more" updates?
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #38
gbruyn

Margret --- Any improvements/updates to Outside the Home Streaming problems and issues?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #39
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
If you have the S03 error, please email margret@tivo.com your TSN, with the subject: "S03 Error".

Thanks,
--Margret
Darn. I wish I would have contacted you first. I was able to correct the problem, but it took a while.

I had to first update the host Roamio Pro box. I then performed a Clear and Delete Everything on the Mini. The update caused a complete reset to the network settings on the host Roamio box (the Mini was unable to see the Roamio at all, neither MoCA or ethernet worked. There were no network connection settings present in the Settings>Network menu) So, I needed to setup the MoCA settings again. I then completed guided setup on the Mini and all is now working as expected. I

t appears that I will need to adjust my display and video settings. It seems that the Settings menus are a different resolution than prior to the update? I am unable to see the settings menus in my current setup, all worked fine prior to the update.

Again, thank you Margaret. I should have just contacted you when I encountered the problem initially. Thank you for being so present and available.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #40
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

<content self-redacted to save space>

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-04-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: <content self-redacted to save space>
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #41
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

<content self-redacted to save space>

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-04-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: <content self-redacted to save space>
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #42
kbmb

Transfers between Roamios

Have a Roamio Basic and Plus. Both hardwired via Cat6. Both updated this evening.

When I go to transfer (not stream) but actually move a program from the Basic to the Plus......the Plus gets REALLY sluggish. To the point where I will get black screens, the little blue spinning circle, C133 errors, etc.

The transfer seems to go fine.....but man, something is up with this. Never used to have an issue before this update.

UPDATE: Tried transferring the other way, from the Plus to the Basic.....same issue. The Basic gets really sluggish. Easy test is bringing up the SP Manager. During a transfer, it's slow to load. Not during a transfer and it's lightning quick. Seems they are maybe giving too much CPU to the transfer process.

UPDATE 2: The tivo the show is being transferred to even has a hard time playing the program while it transferring. Stutters, black screens audio dropouts. It's like tivo is giving the transfer process all CPU cycles.

-Kevin
Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #43
kbmb

Another issue, not sure if it's new or not......during a Roamio to Roamio transfer, if you highlight the transferring show and hit clear to stop it, and you choose Stop and Delete.....it stops the transfer, but doesn't delete the partial recording.

-Kevin
Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #44
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Is this a quick update or one of those "up to an hour or more" updates?
It took a while, Mini was quicker then Pro/Plus. I'd say at least 20-30 minutes start to finish for me.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #45
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
Here is what the new "Default Recording Options" screen looks like
This should have been done 10 years ago, IMO. Another basic user option that Tivo decided not to implement until forever.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #46
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Here is what the new "Default Recording Options" screen looks like ...
And they changed all those screens in the Recording Settings area to HD. You go from HD, to SD for Settings, to HD for those Recording settings. With PiG, if you have that enabled.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #47
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
This should have been done 10 years ago, IMO. Another basic user option that Tivo decided not to implement until forever.
The thing is the Series 1 and Series 2 had this.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #48
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
On the enhanced same-tuner overlapping recordings "glitch" matter, as a "to all who may be concerned" post:

I have far worse issues to deal with/gripe about, than a <1 second glitch when the same tuner is used, rather than switching tuners for an overlap. This has not even been on my list of annoyances, at all.

I had to go looking for the behavior described before it stood out over my lousy Cox service (which I have spent far too much of my time trying to get Cox to admit it is their network, and not my equipment).

[SARCASTIC TONE] So, "thanks", to all the vocal people, who have perfect cable TV networks, and just had to hammer away over a glitch so small, that if you blinked, you could possibly miss it, for getting this enhanced feature I used and liked disabled. [/SARCASTIC TONE]

Now I have to UNDO all the changes I made on my SPs to use the new overlapping method. Spread across my three base Roamios, that hundreds of Season Passes that are currently conflict-free, which will now change to conflicts.

I don't have the luxury of using the 6-tuner models. I was forced to go with a 4-tuner base Roamio, in order to insure my TiVos can be used, should I have to cord-cut for financial and other possible scenarios in my future.

In hindsight, why was there never a poll, at all, about the enhanced overlap handling? Some good questions would have included: how many tuners, if you used the feature, if you were bothered by it enough to want it disabled, and the best one being "WOULD YOU LIKE THE CHOICE TO TURN THIS OVERLAP HANDLING METHOD ON OR OFF?"

I've seen so many posts stating "If it doesn't work perfectly, it shouldn't be released until it is", specific to this glitch. If that's valid logic, then all TiVos should be recalled, and TiVo should/would never release a product. We'd all be stuck with lousy MSO DVRs (and the same logic should apply with MSO TiVos, as well), or a very short list of very short-featured retail products, or building HTPCs.

IMO, this sucks. I have far greater issues with HDMI and the internal graphics scaler, than this glitch.

How would you like it if TiVo just turned off everything that isn't "perfect"?

Going forward, I'd much rather have a way to enable/disable features with glitches. I'd think "backdoor" type codes would be best, like the ones for changing how many active tuners the TiVo has, rather than clutter up the UI, and confuse those who may be new to TiVo, or are used to how TiVo tends to keep the menus somewhat consistent, and can't handle change/progress.

If the "fixed" Netflix isn't perfect, the mentioned "logic", should mean we should expect Netflix to be turned-off on the Summer Release, right? If so, it should have never been available in the first place, right?

There's a few I've seen praise the enhanced overlapping, and give TiVo some credit for finally trying to implement something that has been felt as "missing" from the product, by many, for a long, long time.

Now I'm off to go undo all the changes I made to use the enhanced overlap recording method, thanks to the "Turn it off until it works perfectly" crowd.

After that, I guess I should make a list of every other TiVo feature, currently turned on, which are not working perfectly, and thus, should be disabled (going by the logic and tone of those who kicked TiVo in the teeth, for actually trying to innovate, and add features, as opposed to the days of litigation for money, while letting their products stagnate).

The <1 second glitch wasn't the only problem. Some were missing entire recordings. If they had a large pad, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th show wouldn't record at all. Turning this off for now was the right thing to do, IMO.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #49
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
The <1 second glitch wasn't the only problem. Some were missing entire recordings. If they had a large pad, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th show wouldn't record at all. Turning this off for now was the right thing to do, IMO.
Thank you for pointing this out to him, it was waaay more than a 1 second glitch. It also involved the second manual recording when a show, as part of a season pass, had it's options changed.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #50
DarcyM

Missed a recording last night due to error: "Problem Getting Tuner"

This was a overlapping recording, but there was 3 tuners free, so not sure what the problem could of been.

Roamio basic with motorola cable card (comcast, no tuning adapter), with latest firmware. Never had this error before, but I have had the error that claims the program was no longer in the guide before. So looks like the risk of missed recordings is still alive
DarcyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #51
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman861 View Post
I am signed up at Tivo trials site and never got anything by email or anything else to beta test anything, never have. I would love to take part in something - PLEASE ? - Anything ?

Roamio Plus (Master)
3 Tivo Mini's (living room and kids rooms)
3 x Premiers (retired)
Tivo series 3 HD (retired)
Tivo series 2 with PLS (retired)
MoCA
CC: Cisco PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
T.W. Brighthouse Tampabay - Moving to Verizon Fios
Now that I rely on my six tuner Roamio Pro for most of my content, I would not want to subject it to any beta content. Because if testing out some beta code causes issues, I could be screwed with my recordings. That's one of the disadvantages of having all your eggs in one basket.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #52
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Here is what the new "Default Recording Options" screen looks like:

What is the default? I hope the default is the same as before. I certainly don't want any padding as a default or to keep all shows. I rarely have shows that need padding and if all the shows got kept, I would run out of space on the 3TB drive very quickly. I'll need to remember to check my Roamio Pro when I get home tonight.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #53
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What is the default? I hope the default is the same as before. I certainly don't want any padding as a default or to keep all shows. I rarely have shows that need padding and if all the shows got kept, I would run out of space on the 3TB drive very quickly. I'll need to remember to check my Roamio Pro when I get home tonight.
Default is the same as before, New & reruns, Stop On time, Start On time.

This just allows you change what Tivo asks you to do when setting up a recording or SP.

-Kevin
Old 04-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #54
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Default is the same as before, New & reruns, Stop On time, Start On time.

This just allows you change what Tivo asks you to do when setting up a recording or SP.

-Kevin
And "Keep At Most" is 10 by default.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #55
sbiller

ZNF: Minor TiVo Spring Update Deployed

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-04/...date-deployed/
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #56
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
x2 on mentioning that to him.

He's in the mountain time zone, so he's probably never had to add a large pad to Season Passes for CBS's Sunday night schedule (60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, 11PM local news) in order to accommodate for the live afternoon sports running late and delaying the start of every show mentioned above by a different number of minutes each week.

As you said, adding a large pad to a Season Pass can cause other Season Passes to not record at all.

Shame on me for being so vocal about such a glitch so small.
Series 3 OLED (x2)
DirecTiVo (x3)
Series 1
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #57
rgr

Copying this from the other thread:

Sounds good. Just got the update and reboot complete. Do like the extra recording options.

Only oddity (so far) is that AOL.On is listed twice in My Video Providers Setting. Anybody else have this?

I've rebooted twice and Aol.com duplication still there. Attached is a photo of the relevant screen (how do I have it displayed in-post?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4042800.JPG (88.3 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by rgr : 04-04-2014 at 10:12 AM.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #58
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post

Sounds good. Just got the update and reboot complete. Do like the extra recording options.

Only oddity (so far) is that AOL.On is listed twice in My Video Providers Setting. Anybody else have this?

I've rebooted twice and Aol.com duplication still there. Attached is a photo of the relevant screen (how do I have it displayed in-post?)
I think I've seen this in the past. It goes away after time.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #59
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
- improved handling and messaging of C133 errors, and added a reference to our new site for updates related to outages: http://status.tivo.com
Very nice!
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #60
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post

You don't even have it checked.