TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor Cagayan : "Head of the Snake" : OAD 4-2-2014

LOL! Now that's a tribal council! Even though I think LJ was dumb to give his idol up for Tony, I wasn't expecting the "other one" to be Jeffra. Glad Sarah is out, she deserved it for thinking she had the power. You don't get to be king just because you are pivotal in one scenario. I don't blame Kass for doing what she did.

That immunity challenge was made for Wu. How come he was the only one with footwear? I guess it's up to the contestants.

So, the new HII has "special powers"? I can think of one way in particular that it could be more powerful, but will save my speculation. I've got a feeling we won't have long to wait.

Jury started = new Ponderosa videos soon!

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
bryhamm
randomize

Yep, that was one hell of a TC. When the first jefra vote was read, I thought they had played it perfectly. It would have shown Sarah that they didn't want her and would have cemented kass as one of the better thinkers (with spencer). When that last Sarah vote was read, my jaw dropped.

Not sure I get kass's move though. She is now on the bottom of her new tribe and all the folks she just stabbed likely won't vote her to win.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize

I've heard rumors about what the new HII does. Won't say though, just in case.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #4
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Not sure I get kass's move though. She is now on the bottom of her new tribe and all the folks she just stabbed likely won't vote her to win.
Kass can still be powerful. If we count Kass now with Tony, it's 5 to 5. Anyone offering to flip is now a potential power player.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
59er
TiVotee

I believe if Kass stays with Tony et al., it is actually 6-4 (the 6 who voted out Sarah includes Kass.)
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59er View Post
I believe if Kass stays with Tony et al., it is actually 6-4 (the 6 who voted out Sarah includes Kass.)
Yep, it's 6-4. And the five don't need Kass.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
Azlen

Kass' move was completely driven by ego. She couldn't stand Sarah acting like the decision maker for even for a short time. It works against her big time in the long run. Her old group doesn't trust her and she's at the bottom of her new group. But if she manages to get her way to the final tribal council then she deserves to win because she's definitely going to have to outwit and outplay to get there.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #8
InterMurph

Quote:
I think this eliminates any chance Kass had of winning.

I thought she had a better play here, given that she wanted to flip. If she had told Trish that they were voting for Tony, and Tony should play an immunity idol, then she could have eliminated Sarah without alienating everyone on her tribe.

But now everybody she betrayed is 1) pissed at her, and 2) on the jury.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #9
dfergie

Bad move by Kass, but it made for an interesting tribal in which 2 idols were flushed ...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #10
vman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
I think this eliminates any chance Kass had of winning.

I thought she had a better play here, given that she wanted to flip. If she had told Trish that they were voting for Tony, and Tony should play an immunity idol, then she could have eliminated Sarah without alienating everyone on her tribe.

But now everybody she betrayed is 1) pissed at her, and 2) on the jury.
I agree this was a dumb long-term move by Kass, but I don't know that it was quite as easy as you describe -if she is too blatant about it, and word gets back to her tribe, she is still screwed. And neither Trish or anyone else knew Tony (or LJ) had idols. She could have hinted, but even if she did outright tell them, she wouldn't really be much better off - the Tony tribe still wouldn't really view her as one of them since she didn't actually vote with them - just blabbed because she disliked Sarah. Kass' problem is she is too thin-skinned. Let Sarah boss you around for a couple days, when you need her. The near-disaster at tribal would have helped put Sarah in her place. Then get rid of her after another tribal. Kass' team would have been sitting pretty, especially with both idols flushed out. But Kass just couldn't stand being slighted by Sarah...
Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #11
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Kass' move was completely driven by ego. She couldn't stand Sarah acting like the decision maker for even for a short time.
This is how I saw it, but I wonder how much that was editing. They were really pushing the Sarah/Kass cat fight on us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #12
retrodog
King Button Pusher

Standard Survivor curse. Almost every time someone overplays the swing vote position, they get voted out. And she overplayed it extremely.

Great episode. Next week looks good too. Cat fights are very entertaining.
Vegetarians- The #1 preferred food source of carnivores.

Alcohol kills brain cells. But it's only the ones that were annoying the crap out of you anyway.
retrodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #13
latrobe7
Just one more thing

I'm glad Sarah's gone - she was personifying one of my least favorite Survivor contestant-types - the poor to mediocre player who suddenly thinks they're a genius and in charge because of a turn in the numbers. I think Kass had her pegged and was right about her own position in her alliance anyway. I think it hurts her in the short run, but there's a lot of game left she could come back. I don't really think so, though. I don't think she's been a very good player from the start, this episode will be her highlight of the season, I bet.

Interesting that the Brain-alliance vote was for Jefra, since Kass was so upset that Sarah wanted to vote Tony. Doesn't look like Sarah was running things after all. I think both girls let their ego get away from them this week, but Sarah painted a target on her back. That should be Survivor 101 right up there with "Learn to make a fire before you go on Survivor" - Never truly believe you are in control of the game - and even if you do, NEVER let on to others that you do! "Pride goeth before a fall" - Hubris is the number one indicator of who's getting voted out next!
latrobe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #14
Azlen

The pros and cons of Kass flipping from Dalton's recap at ew.com

Reasons to stay with Aparri
1. Numbers advantage
2. Pretty much a guaranteed final 3 with Spencer and Tasha
3. Would be on very bottom of other alliance if I switched
4. Staying loyal to tribe will play well later when they are on jury

Reasons to flip to Solana
1. Get rid of Sarah
2. Get rid of Sarah’s stupid smug face
3. Watch Sarah’s stupid smug face as she gets her torch snuffed
4. TAKE THAT, BEAYOTCH!
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #15
jradosh
Newlywed

Azlen hit the nail on the head Well done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #16
Family

That was as dumb as any non-idol related move in Survivor history.

Let's see: "I'll vote with 5 people I've never even been in a tribe with (before the merge), instead of sticking with the strongest/tightest alliance within an alliance where there's numbers and friends.

She went from being in the best position of the game to perhaps the worst.

What a complete moron.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Yep, that was one hell of a TC. When the first jefra vote was read, I thought they had played it perfectly. It would have shown Sarah that they didn't want her and would have cemented kass as one of the better thinkers (with spencer). When that last Sarah vote was read, my jaw dropped.

You were surprised? really?

for the entire episode, Sarah got the lion's share of the screen time and Jeffra got practically none. There was no way on God's green Earth that Jeffra was going home.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #18
VegasVic
Craps Player

Sarah learned that the one who thinks they have the power by trying to play both sides often gets the boot because neither side can trust her. Bam.

I wish I could mute Tony.

I can't even remember hearing the name Jeffra before TC
Old 04-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I think this was the first time I had ever heard Jeffra's name. lol

Great episode. I liked Sarah, but she violated the first rule of Survivor - Shut Up. Never be the lone stand out.

I have no idea what the new idol's powers are, but my immediate thought was like the Golden Power Of Veto on Big Brother, where the person holding can give it to someone else and both are safe from the vote.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #20
InterMurph

I had two procedural problems with the idols at tribal council:
  1. When Tony asked Jeff to validate his idol, he hadn't yet played it. I don't think Jeff should be validating an idol in advance of its play.
  2. When Tony told Jeff he wanted to give his idol to LJ, Jeff instead accepted it and declared that votes for LJ wouldn't count. If I'm LJ, and Tony is giving me the idol, then I want to accept the idol and put in my pocket.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
I had two procedural problems with the idols at tribal council:
  1. When Tony asked Jeff to validate his idol, he hadn't yet played it. I don't think Jeff should be validating an idol in advance of its play.
  2. When Tony told Jeff he wanted to give his idol to LJ, Jeff instead accepted it and declared that votes for LJ wouldn't count. If I'm LJ, and Tony is giving me the idol, then I want to accept the idol and put in my pocket.
There may be a technical issue there. Maybe the ruling is that Tony played the idol in LJ's name!

Also, that would be a terrible strategic decision by LJ. Tony would just kill him and frame someone else for the murder
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #22
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
You were surprised? really?

for the entire episode, Sarah got the lion's share of the screen time and Jeffra got practically none. There was no way on God's green Earth that Jeffra was going home.
Nah. I decided to come here and lie about it.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #23
tiams

I don't know why they always get rid of the tiny, not-so-smart, young, naive, girls instead of the big strong men who are more likely to win individual immunity. Jeffra was their second choice?

The new special idol is probably like the golden power of veto.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #24
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I don't know why they always get rid of the tiny, not-so-smart, young, naive, girls instead of the big strong men who are more likely to win individual immunity. Jeffra was their second choice?

I thought it was smart, you have plenty of time to get rid of the strong players, only 1 of them can win each week. If they had gone for one of the strong men and Kass not flipped they would have been screwed because of both idols being played.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #25
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Nah. I decided to come here and lie about it.

No reason for the bunched up panties

It's been a long-running complaint that the person voted out usually gets the most screen time. It's especially obvious when it's between two people and one of them was hardly shown during the episode. Why the producers choose to ruin an otherwise excellent show this way is a complete mystery.

Anyway, so I was surprised that you were surprised since that issue has been discussed regularly and you're a regular. No offense was meant (ok, the panties remark was meant, a little)
Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post

I always think they should take out the strong guys, but this time it wouldn't have worked.

What it did do was get rid of two idols. Of course, now there are others to find, but there are also others to look for them.

The whole cat fight thing bugged me. First that Sarah would be such a bad player as to make a big deal about her being the one vote that controls the game. And I knew when they started giving Kass and her so much air time that first the brains had another choice in mind and that second, one of the two of them would go home.

If Kass had voted Jeffra - it would have been 6-4 and a much more solid block. But there are always those that don't want to be 6th on the ladder.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #27
WO312

Well, Dalton Ross was also surprised. And he's pretty savvy about Survivor. From his blog today:

FOURTH WTF? MOVE: KASS PERFORMS THE ODDEST FLIP IN THE HISTORY OF FLIPS
After Tony blabbed about his idol and then LJ positively wasted his in giving it to the guy Aparri would now never vote for, the Solana side looked done. Put a fork in them. Even as the votes got to a 5-5 tie, clearly the next one would read Jefra since Aparri had the numbers. So I honestly am not sure I have ever been as shocked to see a last vote as I was here when the last name said Sarah. WHAT?!?!?! Look, I saw the pitch from Trish to Kass to come over to their side. But why would she? Sure, she and Sarah were butting heads and not getting along because Sarah kept pushing for them to vote for the two people in the tribe that had hidden immunity idols. But after that vote, Sarah would not be holding all the cards and they could put her back in her place. Let the woman have her moment. But, apparently, Kass just couldn’t.

Whenever a person flips, it is always to improve their positioning in the game. You’re on the bottom of one alliance, so switch sides to move up in the new one. Makes sense. But Kass just voluntarily moved into a worse position! Sarah may have been holding the alliance hostage with her vote for this go round, but the Brains were still in charge and had the numbers to enforce that. Was Kass just so blinded with her hatred for Sarah that she could not stand to play alongside her? It would seem so because I cannot come up with a single scenario in which this was a good strategic move. She just threw away a seemingly clear cut path to the final 3 with her Brains bunch to join a group that has already yelled out in plain English via their “TOP 5!” chant that they have no intention of allowing anyone else to make it to the end with them.

The whole thing: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...yan-episode-6/
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #28
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Well, Dalton Ross was also surprised. And he's pretty savvy about Survivor. From his blog today:

FOURTH WTF? MOVE: KASS PERFORMS THE ODDEST FLIP IN THE HISTORY OF FLIPS
After Tony blabbed about his idol and then LJ positively wasted his in giving it to the guy Aparri would now never vote for, the Solana side looked done. Put a fork in them. Even as the votes got to a 5-5 tie, clearly the next one would read Jefra since Aparri had the numbers. So I honestly am not sure I have ever been as shocked to see a last vote as I was here when the last name said Sarah. WHAT?!?!?! Look, I saw the pitch from Trish to Kass to come over to their side. But why would she? Sure, she and Sarah were butting heads and not getting along because Sarah kept pushing for them to vote for the two people in the tribe that had hidden immunity idols. But after that vote, Sarah would not be holding all the cards and they could put her back in her place. Let the woman have her moment. But, apparently, Kass just couldn’t.

Whenever a person flips, it is always to improve their positioning in the game. You’re on the bottom of one alliance, so switch sides to move up in the new one. Makes sense. But Kass just voluntarily moved into a worse position! Sarah may have been holding the alliance hostage with her vote for this go round, but the Brains were still in charge and had the numbers to enforce that. Was Kass just so blinded with her hatred for Sarah that she could not stand to play alongside her? It would seem so because I cannot come up with a single scenario in which this was a good strategic move. She just threw away a seemingly clear cut path to the final 3 with her Brains bunch to join a group that has already yelled out in plain English via their “TOP 5!” chant that they have no intention of allowing anyone else to make it to the end with them.

The whole thing: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...yan-episode-6/
Yep. This. Ego and maybe even a little jealous of the brawn beauty. And she let what's her face that dumped the rice away and sucked at challenges stick around a bit.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #29
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wonder if there is some hidden agenda that will play out here.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #30
dfergie

Kass blabbed too much at the start of the game telling people they were next, She just doesn't "get" Survivor...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote