TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
JZ1276

Upgraded to a Roamio now I'm unable to decode all transferred recordings...

Title says it all. Upgraded to a Roamio, now all recordings transferred with TivoDesktop 2.8.3 will no longer decode using Tivo Decoder. Transfer fails within seconds with error code 10. Never once had an issue with the TivoHD. Tried both fast transfer speed and regular.
BTW, not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but transfers would normally take hours with the TivoHD, now with the Roamio they take minutes.
JZ1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
moyekj

Turn off "fast transfers" in TiVo Desktop - you're getting TS .TiVo files currently which tivodecode can't handle properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
JZ1276

Thanks, but like I said I tried with fast transfers turned both off and on.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
moyekj

Reboot Roamio.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
JZ1276

OK so out of all my recordings (all HD), I've been able to successfully transfer and decode (with Tivo Decoder) only one so far. The rest will either transfer only the audio (with a file size of around 300-400MB) using regular transfer (fast method unchecked) or the complete recording with audio and video using fast transfer. However, there is nothing I can do with the resulting file as I get an error right off the bat with Tivo Decoder. I downloaded VideoRedo TV Suite v4 with h264 capabilities to use instead of Tivo Decoder. What used to take 20 minutes with TivoDecoder now takes so much time with VideoRedo, I ended up closing out the program at 3% because I gave up after about an hour. I selected Quicstream fix and saved as Mpeg2 program stream.
Maybe I am doing it wrong. I don't want to use VideoRedo to actually rencode the video, just decode. Is there a simple step in doing this that I am missing? Hope someone can help.

Last edited by JZ1276 : 04-02-2014 at 05:53 AM.