TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
rondotcom

Comcast : Really?

OK.Here's a good one. I had trouble with on Demand. TiVo could see the server, read the list of programs, but only the first three seconds would play. TIVo CS did all they could. Every time I called Comcast I would have a different explanation for why it wouldn't work. Finally the TiVO rep got Comcast to setup a free truck roll. The Comcast tech calls me to tell me he's on the way, asks me what my problem is and then says there's no need for a truck roll because COMCAST DOESN'T OFFER ON DEMAND ON TIVOS. That came as big news to TIVO. They checked again and assured me it was available. in my area. Maybe somebody from TiVo could let Comcast know.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
rondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
CraigK
(unspecified)

If you still haven't got it working you might look through this thread..

Tivo Roamio with Comcast: VOD freezes. Problem solved!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
buscuitboy

Yea, its amazing how little informed Comcast techs and phone reps are about TiVo. I have a Series 3 that has two S-cards in it. I get all the channels fine on one card, but on the other card I get everything except the HBO channels. I have had two techs to the house and countless phone reps try to help with nobody able to fix the problem.

I even had one phone rep start babbling on about something concerning OnDemand with this S3 & wanted me to check to see if I can get it. I had to tell them that OnDemand is not available for Series 3. Only Series 4 and Roamios. I get OnDemand fine on my Premieres, but that has NOTHING to do with stuff on my S3. Even then I truly think he thought he was dealing with a Comcast box of some kind here & didn't fully understand I had a TiVo.

I finally gave up on this issue and have just learned to live with it. The last rep was kind of knowledgeable and basically told me I have to get a new cable card. Someday I might, but for now I'll just deal with it since this isn't our main DVR anyway & HBO content on this S3 is flagged so can't be transferred to my other TiVos anyway.

Last edited by buscuitboy : 05-23-2014 at 10:15 AM.
buscuitboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
rondotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
If you still haven't got it working you might look through this thread..

Tivo Roamio with Comcast: VOD freezes. Problem solved!
That really doesn't work for me since it requires Comcast to admit OD for TiVO actually exists.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
jrtroo
User

You don't seem to understand that thread. Your on demand likely is not working due to a billing code in their system. Get that corrected, and you should be fine.

Have you been calling their normal call center? Do not do that, use the cablecard line.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
You don't seem to understand that thread. Your on demand likely is not working due to a billing code in their system. Get that corrected, and you should be fine.

Have you been calling their normal call center? Do not do that, use the cablecard line.
The cablecard line wasn't any help for me (and some others if you read that thread). They can only help troubleshoot cablecard technical problems, and they transferred me to the billing dept.

Check here to see if On Demand is supported in your area: http://www.tivo.com/discover/cable

If it is listed, try calling the billing dept and ask them to ensure the correct billing code is on your account (see that thread for details).
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
BP-isMe

Keep Trying

I agree with the above posts.

I had the same problem and I got Comcast to fix it as described in the other thread linked above. It has been working great ever since. It will only take a few minutes once you reach the right person at Comcast.

Good Luck...Brad
BP-isMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Reaching the right person is the hardest part. The first line of support is useless. All they can do is a signal refresh. You can do that yourself on the IVR. They are of almost no value in most situations.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
MARKPIE

A couple of weeks ago, I returned a digital box and remote to the local Comcast office and asked the person behind the desk if I shouldn't be receiving OD now and she said I would have to use one of their boxes, that I can't receive it on my Tivo's with cablecards. I just said "thanks", came home and gave it a shot. There it was in all its glory.
Comcast employees are like a box of chocolates for sure.
MARKPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #10
Bigg

Mine randomly gives some weird error about cardio.comcast. something or other, and sometimes then works after kicking up the error. Not worth trying to fix, since it's a worthless service in the first place. I haven't tried to use it in months, nor have any of my roommates.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
rondotcom

I shall give these suggestions a try, but since Comcast Denis OD is available here I don't hold much hope.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk