TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
jeff92k7

20.4.2 and SD program format

After this new update, I have noticed that the SD screen format won't stay (Zoom, Panel, Stretch). I leave it set to panel all the time because I want to see shows as the director intended. Twice, so far, the TiVo just decides to stretch them out even though the setting is still on "panel". I have to cycle through all three settings just to go back to panel so it will display correctly.

This is most frustrating in the netflix app since you can't cycle the settings inside netflix shows. I have to completely exit the netflix app, find a channel showing traditional 3x4 SD content, cycle through all the format settings, then I can go back to Netflix and restart the show.

Is there anything I can do to get TiVo to hold the panel setting?
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
After this new update, I have noticed that the SD screen format won't stay (Zoom, Panel, Stretch). I leave it set to panel all the time because I want to see shows as the director intended. Twice, so far, the TiVo just decides to stretch them out even though the setting is still on "panel". I have to cycle through all three settings just to go back to panel so it will display correctly.

This is most frustrating in the netflix app since you can't cycle the settings inside netflix shows. I have to completely exit the netflix app, find a channel showing traditional 3x4 SD content, cycle through all the format settings, then I can go back to Netflix and restart the show.

Is there anything I can do to get TiVo to hold the panel setting?
This issue has already been mentioned in 20.4.2 Summer Release thread by several people including me. I've e-mailed TiVo Margret about it (with no response) and also posted in her Twitter account (with no response).

EDIT: Her is Margret's response to this issue -- "Sorry. We are testing a fix now. It should be included in the next update."

XL4

Last edited by Bierboy : 07-25-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Response from TiVo Margret
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Tivolition
Early Adopter

I'm seeing the same issue. I started a new thread since I didn't see this one in the similar threads.

I assume 'Full' is the default setting that it keeps reverting to. People who never change the aspect setting aren't going to notice this bug.

The aspect setting seems to get lost sometime overnight.
Tivolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Panel is the default, not Full.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
Futureinsights

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Panel is the default, not Full.
I don't have the update on the premiere 4, but do have the update on the mini. FULL is the stretched screen, panel is the native format for sd, and zoom is what I use for stretched shows. FULL is the default on both versions. I kinda like the reset, because some standard def shows fill the screen, but are black lined in hi def. so I record the sd shows (suze orman is one). I personally don't want the setting to remain the same.
Futureinsights is offline   Reply With Quote