TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
dubluv
tivo lover

new premier 4, getting HDMI not allowed screen

just upgraded from a TiVoHD to a premier 4. after intital setup, all worked fine til the next morning. when we turned the tv on, we saw a small graphic saying HDMI not allowed, and no live tv. some transferred shows which we moved over from the old HD played fine. I scratched my head, not understanding why the same HDMI connection worked fine with the HD, but not this new premier. I even tried by passing the HT rec'vr, connecting the premier directly to the tv itself. no change. i rebooted the premier, and it works fine, all channels on live tv. I checked the system info, and HDCP is enabled (cannot imagine that being sent disabled from TiVo) any ideas? spent an hour with tivo CS, and they suggested I swap my other premier to see if it happens with the other tivo. any ideas?

Premier 4
Humax DRT400 (250gb) 'Lifetime'
TiVo HD 'Lifetime' (320gb)
TiVo HD, soon to be gifted to my son ;-)
dubluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
telemark

I get that message when turning on the TV after being off for a while.

It goes away though after a second or so of flickering. I assume what's going on is it's negotiating a HDCP connection, in that time frame.

I've never had it get stuck before though. I would try some different HDMI switches (or an HDMI repeater) if you have some handy.

Not a real fix, I know.

Btw, when a premiere boots, it has HDCP off. Sometime in the boot sequence it gets switched on.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

ok, im confused. if im reading you right... you had the HDMI message.... after a reboot, you could see all of your channels and there wasnt a problem anymore. What was the question?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
dubluv
tivo lover

Ignad, I experienced the error after the tv was off overnight. It happened twice, and I assumed it would continue. This morning, however, live tv played right away. I don't have much faith that the problem fixed itself. So, my post was to find out if others had the same issue, and how they fixed it. I wasn't expecting live tv this morning, so that if the issue comes back I'd like to know how to deal with it. I certainly don't want to have to reboot every time we want to watch live tv

Premier 4
Old 04-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

They are still working on the HDMI compatibility issues. 20.4.1, which is in limited release, the release notes indicate that it includes more HDMI fixes.

Hopefully once you get that it'll help cure what's causing the intermittent issue...
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
dubluv
tivo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
They are still working on the HDMI compatibility issues. 20.4.1, which is in limited release, the release notes indicate that it includes more HDMI fixes.

Hopefully once you get that it'll help cure what's causing the intermittent issue...
I hope so, as now it is a regular occurrence, and it takes at least 10 minutes before we get a picture. Also, to clarify further,we get no picture at all, meaning live tv or recorded programming

Premier 4