TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
jpete20024

Constant Rebooting

Not sure if it was the last update, but my Roamio have been rebooting 1 to 3 times a week. Not consistent pattern, sometime when I choose info, sometimes when I chose play, and one time when I tried to record from the guide. Hopefully, this will be fixed with the next update. Has anyone else noticed a frequency of reboots?
jpete20024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
ddunnrn

Re: constant reboots

I started with the same problem on my xl4 right after the new summer software update. I did an online chat with the tivo tech, who asked me about certain signal issued from the tivo diagnostics. Somehow, he suggested that there was a cable connectivity issue. I doubted that because I hadn't changed the cable connection at all since I got the box, and the problem only started since the SW update. I think tivo is receiving numerous reports of this spontaneous reboot problem, and don't want to really acknowledge it until they have tracked down the cause and have a fix for the next update. It's annoying, but I really don't watch anything that I'd get upset if there were a 5 minute chunk taken out of it while the tivo reboots. BTW, the other odd issue that has been reported with the new update is that the default zoom state (panel/full/whatever) is no longer saved after reboot. On my box it reverts to full, which I find really annoying
ddunnrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
actionj

If you have read this forum ever since the Roamio was released and have had a Roamio for the last year, you see that almost everyone has had a batch of random reboots at some point. Now, don't get me wrong, bad signal and poor networking can lock up a Tivo. But people like me who have been using Tivos for over 15 years don't need to be told how to properly setup up a Tivo. The mass blame game on signal, network switches and other things is laughable. The answer is that there are certain conditions that cause Roamios to randomly reboot. Tivo slowly fixes these conditions and the reboots disappear for batches of people. I was severely handicapped by reboots until I think it was 20.4.1, then it's been the most solid device in the world ever since. It is unfortunate that people that have experienced no reboots have an update create new reboots.
actionj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
s10023

What router do you have?
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
actionj

are you asking the original poster or me? in any event I have a Netgear N750.
actionj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
s10023

sorry for the confusion-- i was asking the original poster who was having the rebooting problem
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

I've been using my Roamio for almost a year now and the only time it's ever rebooted was once or twice when using Netflix.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote