TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Joe Siegler

Roamio Remote vs Slide Roamio Remote

I was curious about the "feel" of the remotes. The remote that came with my Roamio has been dropped too many times, and has a crack in it, so I need to get another.

To that, I was wondering if the "feel" of the regular Roamio remote is any different from the version of the Roamio slide remote.

I've been a TiVo customer since 2000 and an original Series 2 model, and I've been through several versions of TiVo hardware (and remotes) (Series 2, DirecTiVo original, TiVoHD, Premiere, Roamio), so I'm familiar with the "feel" of these things.

To that, I was wondering how different the feel of the slide remote is from the main one. The functionality I get, and is why it's $20 more than the regular remote. BUt if I went that way, I was curious to know how different it would feel in my hand.

Tkx.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
krkaufman

Opinions will differ, but the Slide Pro remote feels nice. It's a bit stubbier, and is much more hefty. The add'l weight gives it some substance.

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
krkaufman

see also: https://tinkertry.com/quick-look-at-...ide-pro-remote

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
NashGuy

I bought a Slide Pro and had lots of problems with it, so returned it. As the post above says, opinions will differ--I did not like the way it felt. Too heavy and unwieldy. I prefer using the iOS app for typing searches. I only wish the standard Roamio remote was backlit. (That said, the backlight feature on the Slide Pro isn't great--rather than lighting when picked up, you have to hit a button or use the slide to make it light up.)

NashGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #5
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman View Post
That's a good link. Danke.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote