TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
houman

Recordings cut short - Xfinity - Seattle area

Hello,

I have noticed lately that most of my shows are cut off early at the end, The Blacklist, Seinfeld are a few to list.

What do people do in these situations ? add 5-10 minutes to start/end of shows ?

Thanks,
Houman

houman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
b-ball-fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by houman View Post
Hello,

I have noticed lately that most of my shows are cut off early at the end, The Blacklist, Seinfeld are a few to list.

What do people do in these situations ? add 5-10 minutes to start/end of shows ?

Thanks,
Houman
On the Settings>Recording>OnePass and Recording Options page, you can set a global default to always add some number of minutes to the ends of your recordings. By default, I always add a minute. For those occasional shows that consistently need more than that, I add more time in their particular OnePass options.

b-ball-fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 04-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #3
houman

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ball-fanatic View Post
On the Settings>Recording>OnePass and Recording Options page, you can set a global default to always add some number of minutes to the ends of your recordings. By default, I always add a minute. For those occasional shows that consistently need more than that, I add more time in their particular OnePass options.
Thanks for the global option, I had been looking for it but couldn't find it.

Though it seems that option is taken into consideration for all newer recordings and not the already in place. Unless there is a trick to apply it to all recordings already in onepass.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by houman View Post
Thanks for the global option, I had been looking for it but couldn't find it.

Though it seems that option is taken into consideration for all newer recordings and not the already in place. Unless there is a trick to apply it to all recordings already in onepass.
You may be able to fix everything in your To Do List by changing the One Pass, then doing a reset of the To Do List. I don't see anyway to change the One Pass entries already entered.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
b-ball-fanatic

If changing the global option doesn't alter existing passes, you can certainly go in and change their options manually. But if you have a lot of them, that's a pain.

If you happen to use kmttg, the Remote feature allows for much quicker OnePass editing. That's probably the easiest, fastest way to edit a big list of them.

b-ball-fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

if this is happening on more than a couple of shows or channels, you should consider going a step further and report the behavior to tivo tech support, possibly as incorrect guide issue.

we have xfinity and rarely have to extend any passes, exceptions being a specific channel or show here and there, or for sports overruns (yes, i'm talkin' to you, sunday night cbs!).

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
gvlbob

CBS schedule issues

Apparently, I'm not the only one with CBS issues. I have extended the recording time on all my passes for CBS shows. I even began to think CBS is screwing with us, so, if we want to watch the balance of a show, we would have to subscribe to their, I believe it's called, All Access. A conspiracy Theory? ? ?

gvlbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #8
houman

It doesn't happen for all the shows, just some. Some get cut right before the ending credits, some like Seinfeld (TBS) get cut in the short clip right before the credits roll, and if there is a recording right after I can get a glimpse of the ending of the previous episode It is usually a 30sec -> 1 min issue.

But on other shows it's fine like Better Call Saul, Vikings, etc. I just wish it was a fire and forget type thing for all shows, but worst case I can go and add 1min manually to those shows.

btw thanks for all the replies and that application, I'll check it out.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:00 AM   #9
grey ghost

I always add 2 minutes to my recordings. Comcast time and local time are not the same.

grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote