TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
RickStrobel

Resurrection SE01 EP02 - Unearth

Ugh, that was unnecessarily slow. The whole time I was watching I was waiting for something new to happen. I had a fit when they opened Jacob's tomb at the end and they didn't show us what they found. Although the previews for upcoming episodes give it away.

Spoiler:
It probably is his body. They've repeatedly showed the woman sitting in church asking "did I die?". Her character has not been introduced yet. Well, they show her looking at her dead body. So I assume that the cop and the doc see Jacob's body.

RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I agree. Soooo slow.

It annoys me that the authorities would just let the kid live with his parents as if this is something normal.

So now we have 2 people back from the dead (or cloned as I mentioned in the other thread). Why this town? And how many are going to come back?

Looks like they seem to have a bond, since the dude and kid talked at the soccer game.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

Could be clones, but I'm kind of getting an "end of days, the dead shall rise and walk the earth" religious vibe more than a sci-fi "there's going to be a logical sciency explanation" vibe from this show so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
rich
Final answer?

I keep wondering about clones, but how did the boy/clone get to rural China? And, how did the other guy end up with blood indicating he'd had a heart attack three days ago? That would not show up via a cloning procedure. Weird.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
rich
Final answer?

Also a clone would not have the same memories as the original. I'm sort of ruling out clones at this point, but who knows.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I agree. Soooo slow.

It annoys me that the authorities would just let the kid live with his parents as if this is something normal.
What grounds would they have for removing him? Their own dna testing proved him to be their son, he is not being abused or neglected in any way, he is not an apparent danger to himself or anyone else, his parents are not unfit, etc.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
stellie93

If an alien or something wanted to send in replacement/pod people to do something or for some big purpose, it doesn't make much sense to wait all these years to send them back, and make everyone suspicious of them. Unless there is time travel involved and they tried to send them back as soon as they died, but messed it up.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
What grounds would they have for removing him? Their own dna testing proved him to be their son, he is not being abused or neglected in any way, he is not an apparent danger to himself or anyone else, his parents are not unfit, etc.
I believe the DNA test only proved he was related. It did not prove he was their son. That is why they needed to exhume the body.

And not to mention he has been missing for 32 years, and hasn't aged a day. lol. Nothing to see here, move along.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I believe the DNA test only proved he was related. It did not prove he was their son. That is why they needed to exhume the body.

And not to mention he has been missing for 32 years, and hasn't aged a day. lol. Nothing to see here, move along.
I said the dna test proved him to be their son. I didn't say it proved him to be Jacob.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
thewebgal

This has all the appearance of heading down the same sad road as "Under The Dome" did last summer. Storylines dragged out forever, painfully obvious rewrites week by week, character changes from week to week, badly written dialog, and, on the day of the story's conclusion, a sudden spin and the legend "Come back next summer for Season 2"

I'm wondering how much more time I'm going to invest in this one.
thewebgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
This has all the appearance of heading down the same sad road as "Under The Dome" did last summer.
This. I'm out already.
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #12
rich
Final answer?

I'm also wondering about the significance of the child having no heartbeat at first, then having one. Was it the doctor's error in using the stethoscope, or ...?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I'm also wondering about the significance of the child having no heartbeat at first, then having one. Was it the doctor's error in using the stethoscope, or ...?
or it was just to trick the audience into having a few moments of wild speculation about it.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #14
LlamaLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
or it was just to trick the audience into having a few moments of wild speculation about it.
This as I am sure someone checked his pulse/heartbeat when he collapsed in China and in what had to be weeks in the same outfit waiting for repatriation.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #15
DouglasPHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
This has all the appearance of heading down the same sad road as "Under The Dumb" did last summer. Storylines dragged out forever, painfully obvious rewrites week by week, character changes from week to week, badly written dialog, and, on the day of the story's conclusion, a sudden spin and the legend "Come back next summer for Season 2"

I'm wondering how much more time I'm going to invest in this one.
+1
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
mrdazzo7

Man people are hard on TV these days, lol... Although I guess I don't blame anyone for feeling burned after the debacle that was Under the Dome (seriously - THAT gets enthusiastically renewed yet Jericho gets canceled and has to practicially drown CBS in peanuts just to get a proper conclusion??)

It just seems that shows have to be unflinchingly amazing right out of the gate and are not given any kind of chance to build into something..sure it was slow, but it's only the second episode. It's a serialized show, it needs a hot second to lay groundwork. I know a couple of people that just started watching Sons of Anarchy on netflix and they feel like it's "so slow" but they're only on the first few episodes. Little do they know! Not saying this show is on that level (obviously) but give it a chance. At least they're only doing 8 episodes so it's not like you'll sit through an entire 22 episode season. I'll give it the 8 and if I don't like where it's going, I won't tune back in. (of course I said the same thing about the The Following so who knows).

Anyway, I'm wondering who Maggie's non-father was talking to, being all "she found us.". I'm wondering if her mom came back also and went to this guy. There's no one else it could be that warrant that dramatic "cliffhanger". And am I the only one who felt bad for that kid when he went out on the soccer field and all the other kids immediately left? I can totally relate to that!! Yes, kids were mean to me.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
Gromit

I'll keep watching because I read the book. THAT was slooooow. This is moving like a bolt of lightning compared to it.