TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
danterner
Not it!

The 100 - Pilot (who are we kidding - full-season thread). Spoilers okay.

Anyone else watch this? I was impressed. They managed to cram in a lot of exposition without it being too awkward, the characters were developed quickly, and the plot is interesting and mysterious enough that I found myself hooked. I'm glad this is on The CW, because that pretty much insures it'll be picked up for at least 7 or 8 seasons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #2
jollygrunt777

Don't jinx it!
jollygrunt777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
cheesesteak
Meh.

Is there an ugly person on any CW tv show?

I gave up on this show after the first 10 minutes. Then I read this thread and decided to finish the episode. It wasn't as bad as I thought but I'm not sure how far I'll want to continue with a show where 90% of the characters appear to be a-holes.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
squint

I couldn't stand the obnoxious music and seemingly non-stop cheering and yelling.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I couldn't stand the obnoxious music and seemingly non-stop cheering and yelling.
The only music I really noticed was the use of "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, which must be the single most over-used television series montage song in the last year. I was amused by it, though, because the lyrics literally made sense in the context of this show.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 03-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
stellie93

I thought it was pretty good. I hadn't heard anything about this show.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I thought it was pretty good. I hadn't heard anything about this show.
It was advertized heavily on the CW and I watch entirely too many CW shows.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

They could have at least pretended to try to give the "kids" some useful training before sending them into the unknown.

That kid that swung across the river... with all that jumping and hollering and nobody following behind, it was obvious that he was going to die.

So I guess they are now The 99.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Peter000

Lucky for me the CW really is pushing this program and airing multiple repeats during the week. My schedule was too crammed to record the pilot on first airing, so my TiVo is grabbing the Tuesday showing.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
stellie93

Hard to believe with all the tech they have that they can't tell what the radiation level on earth is.

There are quite a few familiar faces here, but I don't think I've seen the blonde girl before--she's pretty good.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
jollygrunt777

Another dystopian Sci fi production that is based on another YA book series. And, It's actually quite good.

With The Flash also coming soon, they'll have a nice portfolio of science fiction TV shows.

Maybe The CW should consider taking over the Sci Fi moniker from the syfy channel.
jollygrunt777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #12
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
They could have at least pretended to try to give the "kids" some useful training before sending them into the unknown. That kid that swung across the river... with all that jumping and hollering and nobody following behind, it was obvious that he was going to die. So I guess they are now The 99.
97 (2 died during the landing).

Better than I expected - I'll keep my SP and see where it goes...
Old 03-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #13
awsnyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Is there an ugly person on any CW tv show?
Ha, ha, no. Well, yes actually, but they're in a distinct minority, and the attractive ones are really, really attractive. Arrow easily has two of the most beautiful actresses on TV, in Katie Cassidy and Caity Lotz, and one of the prettiest in Emily Bett Rickards. And I don't think my wife objects at all when Stephen Amell is shirtless.
awsnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
They're all just so... forgettable
Old 03-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
vertigo235

hmm sounds interesting, I'll check it out, also had not heard about it

vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #16
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was thoroughly fed up with the 98 crybabies by the time they became 97. What a bunch of complete idiots. If that's what's left of the human race, good riddance. If they even managed to survive with the 5 brain cells between the 97 of them, I can only hope one or two thousand years of evolution can help.

For people born in space, as the 3rd of 4th generation, they sure seemed determined to party like it's 1999.

Yeah, I'm completely sure they managed to put the space station together from disparate pieces, all without any additional help from the ground. Right.

The premise wasn't too bad, at least as it was advertised... up until the first 5 words out of anyone's mouth were aired. Then it entered turbo stupid mode. The had more space devoted to their little prison in space than they should've had for four times as many people to live. Which is all the more unreasonable considering it needed to be a closed ecosystem for almost 100 years.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Numb And Number2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
Lucky for me the CW really is pushing this program and airing multiple repeats during the week. My schedule was too crammed to record the pilot on first airing, so my TiVo is grabbing the Tuesday showing.
I watched it here tonight: http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/the-100...a-dfee657f0ab1

I agree with every poster on this thread. To contribute I will say I wish Abigail Griffin had been floated.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #18
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post

Better than I expected - I'll keep my SP and see where it goes...
98, they started with 101, the brother of that girl who shot the chancellor wasn't supposed to be on it I thought.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #19
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
I was thoroughly fed up with the 98 crybabies by the time they became 97. What a bunch of complete idiots. If that's what's left of the human race, good riddance. If they even managed to survive with the 5 brain cells between the 97 of them, I can only hope one or two thousand years of evolution can help.

For people born in space, as the 3rd of 4th generation, they sure seemed determined to party like it's 1999.

Yeah, I'm completely sure they managed to put the space station together from disparate pieces, all without any additional help from the ground. Right.

The premise wasn't too bad, at least as it was advertised... up until the first 5 words out of anyone's mouth were aired. Then it entered turbo stupid mode. The had more space devoted to their little prison in space than they should've had for four times as many people to live. Which is all the more unreasonable considering it needed to be a closed ecosystem for almost 100 years.

I agree, I'll give it a few more chances but this show is on probation already.

vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #20
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Oh, and duh, I'm sure you've got more than one doctor aboard capable of performing major surgeries. Surely the medical school aboard the space station churns out more than one qualified candidate every generation. Wouldn't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, would we, by tossing the only doctor out the airlock?

They're just not even trying to make this show have any sense whatsoever.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #21
Silverman

Remember the 100 are juvenile delinquents so the way they act actually is proper. They are not explorers or science people. You all do realize this was really done when Australia was first settled and I bet they had little prep either and I bet the young ones were a lot like this.

I do agree it's crazy they never sent anyone before or set up a monitoring station in all that time to keep tabs on the conditions below. I like their generous use of the death penalty but why not recycle? Either use the organs to fix other good folks bodies or use them for food, or both.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #22
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
Remember the 100 are juvenile delinquents so the way they act actually is proper. They are not explorers or science people. You all do realize this was really done when Australia was first settled and I bet they had little prep either and I bet the young ones were a lot like this.

I do agree it's crazy they never sent anyone before or set up a monitoring station in all that time to keep tabs on the conditions below. I like their generous use of the death penalty but why not recycle? Either use the organs to fix other good folks bodies or use them for food, or both.
The 100 are people who've violated "the law" aboard the space station. If what we're told about the laws and shown by their almost tossing their doctor out the airlock, they're not cut a lot of slack or time to develop into delinquents before being imprisoned. If you can even get into that level of societal dysfunction aboard a space station with no external support that has no renewable resources, that is. I'm not really sure why they're so well fed and fit, either. I expect the group will be culled down to a small number pretty quickly, or that we'll be focused on a tiny splinter group that'll move some distance from the main group quickly.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #23
Shakhari

I liked it for the most part, although the kids aren't that bright. "Yeah, you five guys hike 20 miles away, then another 20 miles back with enough food for 100 people while we sit around a bonfire doing whatever we want." Um, no. I'm going to go where the food is and staying put. You want to eat, come with. Otherwise, stay there and starve.
Shakhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #24
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsnyde View Post
...Arrow easily has two of the most beautiful actresses on TV, in Katie Cassidy and Caity Lotz, and one of the prettiest in Emily Bett Rickards...
I might agree about Cassidy, but I just can't get past Lotz's cleft chin..... But I totally agree with you about Rickards.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #25
cheesesteak
Meh.

I did a mental "Yes!!!" when the giant river snake grabbed the annoying dark haired girl only to be disappointed when the dumbest giant river snake in the world let her go.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #26
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I did a mental "Yes!!!" when the giant river snake grabbed the annoying dark haired girl only to be disappointed when the dumbest giant river snake in the world let her go.
I couldn't quite reconcile how violent the attack seemed versus how superficial her injuries appeared. I ultimately decided it was a toothless mutant giant river snake, and that the little bit of blood on her leg was just a scratch from the shore as she was getting pulled out of the water.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I might agree about Cassidy, but I just can't get past Lotz's cleft chin..... But I totally agree with you about Rickards.
What a cleftist remark!
I'd describe it more of as a "dimple" on her chin than a "cleft".
And it's adorable!

And as far as "The 100", I deleted it after about 15 minutes, but based on the comments here, I may resurrect it and give it another shot.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #28
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Oh, and duh, I'm sure you've got more than one doctor aboard capable of performing major surgeries. Surely the medical school aboard the space station churns out more than one qualified candidate every generation. Wouldn't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, would we, by tossing the only doctor out the airlock?

They're just not even trying to make this show have any sense whatsoever.

So you won't be watching the show anymore?
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Because it's not allowed to criticize a show and watch it? It just doesn't currently get my full attention. It'll be background while on the computer doing other stuff.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #30
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
We could only hope...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote