TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central > Buyer/Seller Area
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Dan S

FS: Tivo HD w/ Lifetime, No hard drive

I am selling my Tivo HD with lifetime service. Sale includes

-Tivo HD with lifetime service
-Original Remote
-Power cable
-HDMI cable
-Optical digital audio cable.

Free shipping.

Unit is working great and has been used in a single pet free, smoke free location for its entire life. I have pulled the hard drive the unit came with so it will need a drive installed, but I figured that any power user who visits these forums will want to put a larger drive anyway, I believe the HD units can accomodate up to 2 TB.

Not sure what the going rate is for this box these days, especially when you provide your own drive, so feel free to make an offer through PM or email me at dan(at)danielsteinberg.com. Paypal accepted.

Unit has lifetime service applied to it so no monthly charges, you will need to call Tivo and have ownership of the box transferred to you.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dan S; 07-24-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:41 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
I am selling my Tivo HD with lifetime service. Sale includes

-Tivo HD with lifetime service
-Original Remote
-Power cable
-HDMI cable
-Optical digital audio cable.

Free shipping.

Unit is working great and has been used in a single pet free, smoke free location for its entire life. I have pulled the hard drive the unit came with so it will need a drive installed, but I figured that any power user who visits these forums will want to put a larger drive anyway, I believe the HD units can accomodate up to 2 TB.

Not sure what the going rate is for this box these days, especially when you provide your own drive, so feel free to make an offer through PM or email me at dan(at)danielsteinberg.com. Paypal accepted.

Unit has lifetime service applied to it so no monthly charges, you will need to call Tivo and have ownership of the box transferred to you.

Thanks!
Why would you pull a drive that small that old with that many hours of use on it?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
Dan S

Hi there Unitron, thanks for inquiring.

Sorry, I should have made the ad more clear, here's the situation:

-Tivo HD originally came with the small size drive they all did (I bought the unit shortly after the Tivo HD model came out)

-A while later, I removed the original small drive and replaced it with a 2TB drive, and as far as I can remember got rid of the original drive

-The 2TB drive is actually still in there for now, but at the end of my use of the unit, was starting to act funny, I was getting symptoms of the drive being corrupted. I tried some troubleshooting and the only steps I knew how to do involved step that would erase all my recordings. I took that as a sign that it was time to upgrade to a Roamio.

-Since I did not want to sell someone a unity with a drive that is not guaranteed to work, I had been planning on removing the drive before shipping the unit. However, I now realize that a lot of smart Tivo folks on this forum might very well be able to get the 2TB drive working and happy again better than me, so I would be happy to just leave it in, it's still installed for now.

Thanks and I hope that clears up some confusion.

-Dan

Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote