TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
mcf57

Question Trying to get Netlix on Premiere SD menu

I have a 2-tuner Premiere hooked up to an older Sony "tube" TV in a basement bedroom. It will only operate in SD menus. I can get to NETFLIX through its "Video On Demand" section, but can't figure out how to get the NETFLIX option in the "Now Playing" area like some of my other TiVos.

How is this done with a Premiere unit?
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

It will only operate with SD menus? What.... You absolutely should be able to use HD menus. I have a DVD recorder connected to the RCA outputs and I can navigate HD menus while watching via pass through with the DVD recorder.
----
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB+w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
mcf57

The TV is NOT HD. And if I try to force the TiVO into some sort of HD mode, it won't display properly. I then have to hit the "FORMAT" button on the front to get it back to a viewable SD format. It basically only works in 480i mode on this Sony CRT set.

Last edited by mcf57 : 03-19-2014 at 09:26 AM.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
tenthplanet

Found this, might work but it doesn't sound easy. netflix not showing in SD Menu. - TiVo Community
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...=485480‎
Apr 4, 2012 - 5 posts - ‎2 authors
Did they take out netflix from the sd menu? I can select and add netflix to the now showing menu in HD but netflix is not showing in the VOD ...
Follow the post and see what you think, another option would be a roku 3, they still work with non HD tvs.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
moedaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Found this, might work but it doesn't sound easy. netflix not showing in SD Menu. - TiVo Community
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...=485480‎
Apr 4, 2012 - 5 posts - ‎2 authors
Did they take out netflix from the sd menu? I can select and add netflix to the now showing menu in HD but netflix is not showing in the VOD ...
Follow the post and see what you think, another option would be a roku 3, they still work with non HD tvs.
Actually the Roku 3 only has HDMI out. The cheaper models (Roku 1/Roku 2) have the composite out option.

I would go with the Roku option for Netflix, even if the SD menu shows it. Much better experience than using the Premiere.
moedaman is online now   Reply With Quote