TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
GmanTiVo
give me more options

Will Season Pass transfer from S3 OLED to new Roamio Pro include already recorded tag

I am awaiting my Roamio Pro and 3 Minis to be delivered tomorrow.

I have used my faithful Series 3 (OLED) upgraded w/2TB drive for the past 7 years (OK, first u/p was to 1TB).

I have 112 Season Passes as I never delete them, just relegate to the bottom, just in case. Some are currently set to record "All" but after having deleted mos episodes the S3 correctly does not re-record an episode deleted in the past.

1) Will the new Roamio go after all the episodes of any given season pass in with that recordings setting or will the deleted episode list also be transferred?

2) When grouped episodes recordings are transferred from the S3 to the roamio with the season pass re-record that episode?

Thanks,

Gman

ps., yeah just being lazy and could set all 112 season passes to "new" but occasionally an episode of Mythbusters, Diners Driveins and Dives Deadliest Catch and some other old episodes of shows do pop-up having never recorded them before!

Last edited by GmanTiVo : 03-18-2014 at 06:28 PM.
GmanTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
59er
TiVotee

The To Do list only looks at whether the individual box has recorded an episode within the last 28 days; otherwise, it records anything that meets the season pass criteria. Transferred recordings don't affect the To Do list.

But again, it isn't "ever" recorded; it's "recently recorded" looking only at 28 days.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
GmanTiVo
give me more options

^^ Thank you.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59er View Post
But again, it isn't "ever" recorded; it's "recently recorded" looking only at 28 days.
Personally, THIS is one of the things I'd pay money for beyond my Tivo subscription.. (sure, I guess with a way to back it up, e.g. email me the info once in a while)

i.e. a "never record this specific episode again". Then, for relatively few shows that I don't have "New Episodes Only" set on, I could make sure to see the old eps but never see the same ep twice.. (and of course, I'd have to be able to tell it TO record that specific ep again, for a guide data error or a glitched recording or something.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
GmanTiVo
give me more options

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Personally, THIS is one of the things I'd pay money for beyond my Tivo subscription.. (sure, I guess with a way to back it up, e.g. email me the info once in a while)

i.e. a "never record this specific episode again". Then, for relatively few shows that I don't have "New Episodes Only" set on, I could make sure to see the old eps but never see the same ep twice.. (and of course, I'd have to be able to tell it TO record that specific ep again, for a guide data error or a glitched recording or something.)
+1

can't be that difficult.